Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote Sena to tell them not so much about the CB issue just to let them know my approach" Below is the thread with them. I spoke with Indian rep in Daytona and it appears those who want to add a CB are on their own as Indian/ Polaris has no plans to develop a CB for their motorcycle.

Sena Technologies Inc.,
Technical Support Department, Mar 16, 2:57 PM:

Hello,

Unfortunately, SENA does not offer a solution for any onboard CBs or any Cbs in general, not even the SR10 will work.
The Aux ports on the SR10 is an input port only - if you have radar detector or a GPS it can plugged in to the Aux port so you can hear them on your bluetooth headset.

SR10 open ended cable pinouts - https://p4.zdusercontent.com/attachment/98935/JumTIfTtabIiyQeEECduX1WGJ

The SR10 was never tested on Chieftrains, Roadmasters or any HAM radios, only handhelds.

Thanks and have a wonderful day!

Sena Technologies Inc. Support Team

www.sena.com
www.buysena.com

Fred Wheeler, Mar 14, 9:49 PM:
I'm highly disappointed in the fact that Indian has chose not to address the CB issue for Chieftains and Roadmasters, such a fine bike with this short coming is silly. I have tried the Hand set configuration that was suggested and currently have a Midland unit. I added my own bracket to handle bars for the radio and strap the SR-10 behind the fairing lower from there I use the suggested cable and the remote PTT button, my friends have described that they hear static sound when the bike is moving, it seems that the quick connect at the SR-10 is causing this after I applied a piece of electrical tape around the connection this seems to have disappeared. I also made the mistake of lowering the gain to it's lowest setting this was too low for my friends to hear. I am currently powering the radio with the power plug to the bikes power system and have ran a CB antenna to the front of the bike and attached. I am considering going to a Cobra 19 DX

https://www.cobra.com/sites/default/files/features/19DXIV_SPEC_0.pdf and using their BTC system to pair my helmets with the CB

CA BTCB4

By doing this I can place the CB and the bluetooth connection in the right saddle bag and us the existing power port to power both radion and BT system. Your comments and or suggestions are welcomed and appreciated.

This email is a service from Sena Technologies Help Desk.
[JDVXRY-26PJ]

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
I contacted the guys at BikeMP3 which make the CB for Honda Goldwings and they indicated they MAY have a CB for Chieftain and Roadmasters at some point in the future. Until then J&M, as indicated in the threads above, is your only source. Which I have and is working GREAT. Anyone interested in the BikeMP3 version might help by contacting them though. Two sources would be good. And from what I understand the BikeMP3 CB would be hidden inside the fairing with full functionality. Unlike the J&M which leaves volume in analog mode so you have to use the CB volume control instead of the bikes. Although, who knows, they may run into the same problem as J&M trying the marry everything to this awful Bluetooth junk.

Reactions: Fred Wheeler

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
1 - 6 of 6 Posts