Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I own www.IndianAftermarket.com (mostly sell parts for the Scout). I am getting customers from all over the world now. It is enjoyable to communicate with other Indian owners. It occurred to me that we all belong to a brotherhood. I like to travel. If I go somewhere, I plan to contact local owners. New Zealand is on my bucket list so I plan to see Alpal when I manage to go. Anyone planning a trip should try to locate local owners and at least stop in and say hello. You could use this thread or maybe Nick J will start a permanent thread for this purpose. What do you think?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,084 Posts
Howdy @Marcus ,
I live on the west side of Texas' Big Bend. It is one of the best places in the world to ride a motorcycle. Anyone headed this way is welcome to contact me for advice, information, or a possible meet-up. I'm retiring from school teaching in May, so my time will be my own..
--- Randall

·
Vendor / bronze
3,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The more I think about this the more I like it. (wow, can I like my own thread?) If you want to travel cross country or just a few hundred miles, you should look up the boys of the brotherhood. could create a nice hop scotch trip to visit two or three Indian brothers.

·
Registered
412 Posts
Speaking of the brotherhood brings a question to mind that I have had for a while concerning the Forum User Map. Is the map supposed to provide marker pins that show the hometown locations and Avatar names for our members? I see a number of markers but wonder who or what are they supposed to be denoting. I am also a member on the HD Retired Police Bike Forum and they have a map there that shows the general location of the members all over the world, plus when you hover your mouse pointer over the maker is shows the members forum name. I always thought it was interesting seeing where the different members that you communicate with are from. Also helpful if you are ever going to go through their area and want to gather some information about the area for your trip and who knows, maybe even arrange a meet. Just thinking out loud so feel free to think back.

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,911 Posts
IMRG is developing a website that will be searchable for any members and local chapters. The site was supposed to be up by December 2015, then March 2016, but I have been told thaat it's close to being released.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Hell yes,. Any one drifting down to Burtland can touch bases with me. Happy to provide info, good rides etc and would be happy to met up with you all. If the timing is right,( and I have my bike back) we could clock a few miles together.
Alpal

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hell yes,. Any one drifting down to Burtland can touch bases with me. Happy to provide info, good rides etc and would be happy to met up with you all. If the timing is right,( and I have my bike back) we could clock a few miles together.
Alpal
Hey Al, my wife just left me and took the kids, i lost my job, the bank has just sent me a letter saying they are forclosing. So all i have left is my Chieftain and YOUR address ! So my question....... Could i come visit? Its only for a couple of weeks(i think)
LOL
Actually i think this is a great idea!
No worries Al, all good and i look forward to meeting many of our forum family members whenever the opportunity arises.
Safe travels all

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Hey Al, my wife just left me and took the kids, i lost my job, the bank has just sent me a letter saying they are forclosing. So all i have left is my Chieftain and YOUR address ! So my question....... Could i come visit? Its only for a couple of weeks(i think)
LOL
Actually i think this is a great idea!
No worries Al, all good and i look forward to meeting many of our forum family members whenever the opportunity arises.
Safe travels all
Hi Punkus! Normally that would be no problem but sadly we have no room left. Your wife and kids arrived yesterday,........oh, and have you checked the garage for the Cheiftain recently?
Alpal

Reactions: jakeylee and Marcus

·
Registered
412 Posts
IMRG is developing a website that will be searchable for any members and local chapters. The site was supposed to be up by December 2015, then March 2016, but I have been told thaat it's close to being released.
Glad to hear it. In the meantime what's going on with the marker down in Midland, TX?

By the way @Randall, I almost gave u a PM shout yesterday. Wife and I were trying to put together a trip to Big Bend National Park for this coming weekend but couldn't find the lodging we wanted. Both the Gage Hotel in Marathon and Chisos Lodge inside the park were booked. In fact pretty much every place to stay was booked up. Have wanted to get down there for a long time. Don't want to go went the hot weather rolls in though. It was a spur of the moment idea to try to go down there is weekend but didn't realize that the motel/hotel traffic would be so busy. We'll get there eventually.

·
Registered
2,660 Posts
I would be game for meeting up with fellow members.

I do have a question thou, if we all were to meet up at Al's island, would it stay a float?

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,084 Posts
... Wife and I were trying to put together a trip to Big Bend National Park for this coming weekend but couldn't find the lodging we wanted. Both the Gage Hotel in Marathon and Chisos Lodge inside the park were booked. In fact pretty much every place to stay was booked up. Have wanted to get down there for a long time. Don't want to go went the hot weather rolls in though. It was a spur of the moment idea to try to go down there is weekend but didn't realize that the motel/hotel traffic would be so busy. We'll get there eventually.
March, April, and May are busy times of year in the Big Bend, and reservations are advisable. We actually have the coolest summer weather in Texas if you keep to the higher elevations around Fort Davis, Marfa, and Alpine. Even when it's hot, it is a very dry heat with low humidity and pretty tolorable if you have shade and a breeze.
--- Randall

·
Registered
175 Posts
Great idea. Anyone coming thru Columbus, Ohio can shoot me a note and meet up for a meal/beverage or maintenance if on a long excursion.

·
Speak softly and carry a big stick. Teddy R
1,529 Posts
Hi Punkus! Normally that would be no problem but sadly we have no room left. Your wife and kids arrived yesterday,........oh, and have you checked the garage for the Cheiftain recently?
Alpal
That's f'n priceless.

Reactions: Shortline

·
1,529 Posts
Me think's Alpal's job is a comedian, or maybe he writes for a comedy tv show.o_O In a battle of wits with him, I'm surely unarmed:confused:

Reactions: Roll On and Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Me think's Alpal's job is a comedian, or maybe he writes for a comedy tv show.o_O In a battle of wits with him, I'm surely unarmed:confused:
First thing off the top of the head Will, is all.:rolleyes:
Alpal

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Going to try and run into the Mighty Quinn at the wall and @Chief Signguru in his home town this June. Would be great to post these adventures on here and lets not forget the thread "Did You Ride Today?

·
1,529 Posts
First thing off the top of the head Will, is all.:rolleyes:
Alpal
Well, your head is full of some funny sh*t. Been reading you for several months. You must keep your wife in stitches from laughing so much

Reactions: Roll On and Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Well, your head is full of some funny sh*t. Been reading you for several months. You must keep your wife in stitches from laughing so much
It doesnt always go as planed Will and I have eight crosses of death to prove it. And yeah I keep them happy on the home-front but have picked up the occasional scar as well.
I reckon ya live longer if you laugh at lot!:p
Alpal

1 - 20 of 47 Posts