Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got my ticket tonight. Little over 2000 miles, first stop Hollister for oil change and check up. Via Winnemucca, Cheyenne, will pop into Sturgis 80 , then do a pit stop at Spirit Lake IA. Anyone else going from California ? See See ya enroute or at the count saturday 21st Aug.

Reactions: BapaLO

·
Premium Member
72 Posts
If you find yourself near Cody Wy there a really nice mom and pop motel there I stayed at. I don’t remember the name now. But it’s within walking distance to the Winchester firearms museum And some great restaurants.

·
Registered
301 Posts
If the borders are open (and I think they will be by then) and my wife lets me (she doesn't like long solo trips), then I certainly plan to make a trek down there, taking a long way across Lake Huron.
(technically I'd be avoiding the city altogether and going through Manitoulin Island, but Google Map doesn't let me do that since it involves a ferry it doesn't know about).

It'll be a part of a much larger trip (again, pending approval). Edmonton -> Vancouver -> Calgary is breathtakingly beautiful.

·
Bronze member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If you find yourself near Cody Wy there a really nice mom and pop motel there I stayed at. I don’t remember the name now. But it’s within walking distance to the Winchester firearms museum And some great restaurants.
yes i enjoyed Buffalo Bill museum last time there. was lucky to get a room, a few coach load of tourists toook most.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Hi Hank, I have the calendar marked. Work will decide if I can go. I already have a month long trip planned in May. I'll keep you updated.

Reactions: hankharmony

·
Bronze member
1,194 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thats a great route i did by car in a figure 8 loop Vancouver to Quebec and back bia edmonston etc took in many NWMP historic posts and history sites . Cypress Mtn Batoche Red Deer Regina Battleford Wood Mountain Quebec amazing.
Only rode from Port Huron to Niagara in Canada, visited old friend at Port Burwell. Should be a great event. Have fun.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts