Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at getting a new battery tender (current have had a C-tek for quite a few years), and was looking at the Indian minder. There are 2 listed on the site : 1) part # 2830438 2) part # 2830531
Anybody know the difference? I am looking at these in particular, and have read the battery tender threads. I know these are slightly overpriced, but I have a gift card to use and would like to get the Indian one.

Also, I received the Indian jump start pack for Christmas. Never really took it out of the box...but does anyone know if this unit can be used to charge/mainatin a battery via the pigtail? Was thinking of keeping this in saddlebag for trips especially since the 116 has some cold start issues.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,271 Posts
I use a Schumacher Xc6 float charger. Much more useful than a standard tender. It charges a battery then goes into maintenance mode. It also has a standard charge and quick charge setting.

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know there are multiple types/brands, just like oil, but looking for this particular model. Thanks.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,607 Posts
I am looking at getting a new battery tender (current have had a C-tek for quite a few years), and was looking at the Indian minder. There are 2 listed on the site : 1) part # 2830438 2) part # 2830531
Anybody know the difference? I am looking at these in particular, and have read the battery tender threads. I know these are slightly overpriced, but I have a gift card to use and would like to get the Indian one.

Also, I received the Indian jump start pack for Christmas. Never really took it out of the box...but does anyone know if this unit can be used to charge/mainatin a battery via the pigtail? Was thinking of keeping this in saddlebag for trips especially since the 116 has some cold start issues.

Any help is appreciated. Thanks.
There appears to be no difference between the two units. Both are rated at 2 amps and have a sulfation mode. My guess is the #2830531 is the one that supercedes the 438 unit since it is $10 more than the other. If you can get the 438 I would go for that since otherwise I see no difference between the two. Dean

Reactions: Ace22

·
Premium Member
496 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I received my battery minder the other day. This replaced my older C Tek, and appears to be a quality unit. I have heard of this company via their airplane minders. Just plug and play. It even desulfates and has a temperature adjustment that is automatic. This unit is cheaper via amazon, but as I said I had a gift certificate.

Also, the Indian jump pack does not trickle charge after reading the generic manual.

I hope this helps someone as the BatteryMinder seems to be a nice unit.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts