Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hate the fact you go to the Indian sites here in Australia that is you click on the accessories section of the web page then select the model of Indian you are looking for and the accessories for that bike then all you can get is apparel ,no spare parts etc as it then refers you to fill in a dealer request with all your details ,email etc so that can bug the hell out of you to but another bike. Fare enough they want to sell bikes but what about their accessories ? so frustration . So the next thing you do is try and find something Indian on Ebay etc .As for Amazon here in Australia it is bloody hopeless , If you are lucky enough to find a part or accessory you would like to but on Amazon they don't ship to Australia. I am so over trying to look for a part or accessory through Indian Australia or Amazon Australia . Wake up and smell the roses guys this is 2019 and getting closer too 2020 and you need to get your shit together .
END OF RANT. !!!!
:(:cool:

·
Registered
365 Posts
In the UK a few select dealers have the full range of accessories on their web sites, but they keep next to no stock and when you order it they then order it from the USA or elsewhere in Europe so there is always a delay of weeks until you get it. I recently ordered a riders backrest from the USA and the bracket for it from the UK, guess what; both arrived on the same day as the dealer had to get it in from the states too. I have found the best option is to check with dealers in the US and order from them direct, it can be as much as half the UK price even with postage and import duties, you just have to be prepared to wait for it.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
Hey geoff, i started using amazon few months ago. they slowly taking their sweet a** time about sending stuff not as good as when i first started using them.
as for parts havent' had togo that route yet.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
In the UK a few select dealers have the full range of accessories on their web sites, but they keep next to no stock and when you order it they then order it from the USA or elsewhere in Europe so there is always a delay of weeks until you get it. I recently ordered a riders backrest from the USA and the bracket for it from the UK, guess what; both arrived on the same day as the dealer had to get it in from the states too. I have found the best option is to check with dealers in the US and order from them direct, it can be as much as half the UK price even with postage and import duties, you just have to be prepared to wait for it.
I am hearing you ,our dollar being so low and the USPS cost ,then the Duties once it arrives here will be around 2.5 times more expensive than the USD price listed on any US site. So much has changed over the last few years when it was worth buying from the USA and getting a reasonable deal. The us and china trad war has not helped and then the Uk with all the crap going on over the European Union and Britain does not help either. I have to admit ,Indian seem to have a reasonable stock here in Australia of most things but if they have to get it from the USA it can take around 3 weeks but never ever cheap if it is OME .One thing HD has lot of is parts and accessories or the ability of buying after market. But one again like Polaris, Harley Davison is expensive as well ,but at least you can get most things for them here.

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey geoff, i started using amazon few months ago. they slowly taking their sweet a** time about sending stuff not as good as when i first started using them.
I can tell you in Australia ,Amazon are hopeless , they advertise stock or parts and say it is available. Then you order it and go through to the check out fill out all the crap and after all the B.S. you get a message saying that this supplier does not ship to Australia. I don't ever bother with them any more .
In fact if Amazon read this you can kiss my Kangaroo arse lol

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
I hate the fact you go to the Indian sites here in Australia that is you click on the accessories section of the web page then select the model of Indian you are looking for and the accessories for that bike then all you can get is apparel ,no spare parts etc as it then refers you to fill in a dealer request with all your details ,email etc so that can bug the hell out of you to but another bike. Fare enough they want to sell bikes but what about their accessories ? so frustration . So the next thing you do is try and find something Indian on Ebay etc .As for Amazon here in Australia it is bloody hopeless , If you are lucky enough to find a part or accessory you would like to but on Amazon they don't ship to Australia. I am so over trying to look for a part or accessory through Indian Australia or Amazon Australia . Wake up and smell the roses guys this is 2019 and getting closer too 2020 and you need to get your shit together .
END OF RANT. !!!!
:(:cool:
Even within USA borders there seem to be issues with shipping. I am a long-term Alaska resident... just try to get stuff shipped there!
We have a good value Postal Service that honors their own flat-rate packaging to both Alaska and Hawaii (just the same as CONUS), but many online sellers refuse to utilize that option based on FedEx and UPS crazy pricing for air shipment. People sometimes just don't care to become educated and utilize common-sense. That is my only rant of the day, I hope! o_O

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It is difficult to find parts on the Indian website. So just go to www.IndiaAftermarket.com and save money. Someone should start manufacturing aftermarket parts in Australia. I ship a lot of merchandise there. Wait Wait Never mind.
Marcus I agree ,but the truth is we really would not have the volume to make it worth while with a small population and even smaller ownership of Indians ,compared to Harleys. It is changing slowly but the sad thing is cost of wages etc makes it difficult for anyone to manufacture here ,so like a lot of US companies they reach out to Asia to manufacture for them to allow some sort of decent profit margin. For us in a lot of cases even if you buy from Asia you still pay USD and with our dollar being so low at this point of time .It still makes things expensive ,I dare say you would have also noticed sales to here have slowed for that reason.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I`ve noticed this with Amazon too, used to be delivered so quick it was a surprise, now atleast a week before it turns up, I assumed it was Amazons way of trying to push everyone into being a member of Amazon Prime. Not gonna work with me though. I`ll just buy it from somewhere else!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts