Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Indianmoped-Info.jpg
moped 001.jpg
moped 003.jpg
moped 002.jpg
moped 007.jpg
Here are some pictures of my Indian AMI50. They are a four stroke single cylinder 49cc bike that you can either pedal to start, or switch the lever on the engine and pedal like a bicycle. The story of this particular bike is: I went to a guys house to buy a bicycle and saw the handlebars of a moped sticking out of the bushes under three feet of snow. I asked him what it was and he said a moped that's been sitting under the bushes for twelve years. I gave him $30 for it and he broke the bushes to get it out. I took it home, cleaned it up, rebuilt the carb and it actually started right up and idled... The color of this bike is "Pacific Blue" and most of the chrome has been blacked out at the factory. This is the only AMI50 I've ever seen with factory blacked out chrome.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Here's a very in-depth website I've found on the Indian moped..

myronsmopeds.com/category/parts/indian-parts/

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My friends AMI50 moped with my ME76 at a car/motorcycle show. Funny, after all these years, these bikes still get a lot of attention at shows...
krista stuff 015.jpg

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
That's just what I need to run down to the mailbox instead of walking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have an almost complete 1980 american indian 50cc moped if anyone is looking to buy one or is looking for parts. I am located in eastern Iowa. Message me for further details.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
16 x 1.5 side mount petcock? You might have to wait until one pops up on ebay, those are specialized parts. Or maybe other 1970's moped manufacturers might have them. I couldn't find a petcock for my 175 but it turned out that it was the same that was on most German and some Italian bikes. After I figured that out then they were easy to find.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Does anyone know how/where I could get a Mikuni Carburetor for a 1980 Indian AMI50 moped? A friend (who is great with bikes, Internet not so much) is trying to rebuild one and I'm trying to help him out. Any leads/help appreciated -- thanks

·
Registered
1 Posts
I am also looking for parts for this rare machine. I need a petcock fuel valve for a 1981 indian moped. I have checked eBay and i scan craigslist but nothing pops up. I am not interested in aftermarket valves that fit other machines. I would like to get the original part for proper fit and function. If anybody has an extra or if they have a bike that they are parting out please let me know!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Any way you have a magneto stator mine just went out

I have an almost complete 1980 american indian 50cc moped if anyone is looking to buy one or is looking for parts. I am located in eastern Iowa. Message me for further details.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts