Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody heard any rumors of Indian releasing the Indian 4. I was at another forum and they were talking about Indian Motorcycles, one person told everyone to hold off on buying one because Indian is releasing a new one in Stugis.

·
Registered
419 Posts
they probably need to figure out the problems with production, suppliers, or whatever is causing the scout delays before releasing another model, although the 4 would be awesome.

·
Registered
478 Posts
Yeah, I'd like to see one, but I doubt this year at Sturgis will be the time. They talk about it being a full dresser, touring type bike; I'd love to have it stripped down with the Chief's balance and low center of gravity unlike the Rocket 111 Roadster's top heavy 6.3 gallon tank and BMW tip-toe height!

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
More like they were overwhelmed. My guess they didn't expected this kind of a response. This is only my opinion. Just growing pains. Believe me it will get better. If not they will find another person to mak it run smoother.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,047 Posts
Morning All,
I've heard nothing about a 4, but if Indian were to release three new and completely different models in the first three years of production, that would be an impressive feat. Polaris is shifting side-by-side ATV production to a new plant in Alabama; making room for another motorcycle production line in Spirit Lake?
--- Randall

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I would like to see them make a smaller cruiser like a V Star 1300. Not too small and not too big. I betcha ya they take a big chunk out of the mid size cruiser market.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
3,602 Posts
I agree that would be impressive but highly doubtful. If Indian is planning a new Indian 4 it will likely be a few years before we see anything. All I see this year is more two tone options or maybe a specialty option or two. Dean E

·
Registered
478 Posts
Morning All,
I've heard nothing about a 4, but if Indian were to release three new and completely different models in the first three years of production, that would be an impressive feat. Polaris is shifting side-by-side ATV production to a new plant in Alabama; making room for another motorcycle production line in Spirit Lake?
--- Randall
Alabama! Great place for ATV production, them 'ol boy's know what ATV'ns all about...

·
Registered
638 Posts
Been reading about the Hendersons, Aces, Cleveland and Indian 4s. Would be great to see an inline 4 from Indian some day. Would definitely visit the bank, probably sneak in without the spousal unit!

·
Registered
51 Posts
I hear that last year so we thought that the scout was going to be the inline 4 so we where sad to go to sturgis and it was not the inline

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
I hear that last year so we thought that the scout was going to be the inline 4 so we where sad to go to sturgis and it was not the inline
Internet Rumors.....you just can't trust them!!

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Well,.......I heard that since Budweiser is stopping the advetizing with the Clydesdale horses, Polaris is buying them to be the new mascot for them to introduce the next new model. Oh! and they won't be pulling a cart, but will be ridden by Ninja Turtles. o_O

·
Registered
448 Posts

I read that everything you see and read on the Internet is downright, gospel truth. There are numerous articles on the Internet to substantiate my findings.

·
Banned
3,888 Posts

I have recently read some place on here that Polaris management has gotten tired of Internet rumors as well. They stated that starting February 3rd 2016 all internet rumors concerning Polaris products will be true. This includes both Victory Motorcycles and Indian motorcycles, especially when it concerns any talk about a future inline four-cylinder motorcycle carrying the Indian badge.

·
Super Moderator
4,888 Posts
I have recently read some place on here that Polaris management has gotten tired of Internet rumors as well. They stated that starting February 3rd 2016 all internet rumors concerning Polaris products will be true. This includes both Victory Motorcycles and Indian motorcycles, especially when it concerns any talk about a future inline four-cylinder motorcycle carrying the Indian badge.
About Damned Time!!

1 - 20 of 46 Posts