1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Rider
705 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Registered
406 Posts
EFTR... That's not a name. FTR at least has a connection to Indian's history, and has a reasonable "flow" to it. "Eff-ter" sounds awful. "EE" "EF" "TEE" "ARE" sounds worse.

But, yeah, it could be something. Who doesn't like "new"?!? And I'm in agreement - a solid, reliable bike at a reasonable price point... what is not to love?

·
Bronze member
2,544 Posts
Unless it’s priced competitively with gas bikes and can go at least 200 miles without a charge, it’ll be about as popular as the Livewire.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Update: Indian Motorcycle has responded saying that the EFTR will not be an electric version of the company’s existing FTR line (as we speculated below), but will instead be a “youth-oriented product.” It’s too soon to say what that could be, but the trademark specifically cites that it is for “electric motorcycles” and thus this could indicate a future youth-oriented electric motorbike.]

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,802 Posts
Could even be a little kids "power wheels" type of toy motorcycle for that matter.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The livewire is/was a pretty awesome bike to ride. I was impressed. There's a market out there for an electric bike, but Harley was not even close to the price point. I can't see something geared to the weekend/commuter crowd priced above $15K making an impact.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts