Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Rider
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

·
Bronze member
2,199 Posts
They can’t get a proper tune made for a combustion engine bike. I’m sure the electric will be much better!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
218 Posts
They can’t get a proper tune made for a combustion engine bike. I’m sure the electric will be much better!
Yes, and the TFT will be fully functional!

·
Rider
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
If it puts out power similar to the current FTR id definitely consider it. Power wheelies all day cuz there’s no clutch on electric bikes. I’ve recently been consider a Tesla because we have solar at our house but this could be more is my price range.

·
Registered
205 Posts
If it puts out power similar to the current FTR id definitely consider it. Power wheelies all day cuz there’s no clutch on electric bikes. I’ve recently been consider a Tesla because we have solar at our house but this could be more is my price range.
It'll depend on the tuning of the inverter. The electric engine will produce max torque at 0 speed.

·
Rider
710 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
The exact reason why wheelies may be very hard on an electric bike, unless it comes with a Track mode...
Yea it’d have to be able to get up on her own (that’s what she said) without a clutch and if it can’t do that it’s be a deal breaker for me. I’ve never been on an electric bike tho so I don’t know what to expect.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually the FTR battery is pretty lame so before going full electric....

I got a Tesla 3 Performance, performance, handling etc... everything is great because it s easier to manage the weight with a 4 wheels drive, i'm more sceptical agility wise for a bike (and i'm considering the new rocket 3 as a third stable bike :))

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
764 Posts
im interested............

·
Bronze member
2,199 Posts
My buddy (Ducati rider in my drag racing vids) test ride the live wire. He said it was one of the more fun bikes he has ridden and really surprised him. If you live in a city, an electric bike really is ideal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 16 of 16 Posts