Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I bought the front and rear mud guards and the rear tubular bumper. The rear mud guard has uneven stitching that I noticed. if I wasn't so anal about my ride I wouldn't care. The rear tubular chrome bumpers right mounting bracket would not align with the upper bolt that holds the right muffler in place. I had to take a rat tail file and further elongate the hole by about a 1/8" in order to get the bolt to go in straight. The leather grip covers I bought were both for the right grip based on where the double sticthing on each leather cover was. At least the dealer is working on getting me a replacement left grip so the double stitching is on the inside of the left grip. I ask myself where is the quality control?

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
I think Indian is going to have some growing pains its first few years. Quality control sounds like one of them. If they're going to keep their customers happy, they need to stand behind the product. You shouldn't have to rat file a brand new part to make it fit. I would of taken it back. I haven't bought any extras yet, but when I do, it would be expected to fit and perform correctly. They did a great job on the bike I'm sure they'll get it right, hopefully sooner than later.

·
Registered
3 Posts
If you are thinking about getting a fork bag I would suggest you don't mount it on the forks as intended. There is not enough space below the light bar for the bag to be mounted without hitting the fender and scuffing the paint during the normal travel of the front shocks. I found this out the hard way. I have contacted my dealer and sent them photos but will ride the bike over today to let them see first hand. They have opened a case with Polaris so I will let you know if Polaris is going to stand behind ill-designed factory accessories.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
If Indian is smart, they will be following these posts and correct their mistakes really fast. They invested to much time and money not to make it right. Like I said before, great product so far but it needs to hold up to father time to survive. Hopefully with the deep pockets of Polaris and the experience of Victory, Indian is here to stay.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Oh by the way, I was thinking about the front fork bag but not any more. Hate to mess up my front fender. Thanks for the tip. Hope they cover yours under warranty. keep us posted.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts