Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The roads are a small part of this video but they were HUGE part of the day my Springfield and our crew! My gosh I can't say enough about the roads in NoGA on this trek.

Enjoy! and please subscribe!

·
Registered
320 Posts
Gosh I have ridden all of those road so many times I can't recall. Great riding in this whole region, East Tennessee, Southern Va, Western Carolina, North Georgia.
I'm 45 mins from the Tail of the Dragon.

Now one thing, Helen , Ga. been there a few times but it always seems anti-climatic. Small town, and really not much there to do. maybe it's just me, maybe after the awesome rides I just expect more :)

Anyway nice video, looks like you had a blast.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Great video and music!

My wife and I have a cabin about 10 miles from Helen. So I am up there a lot. However, it is usually on four wheels since she doesn’t ride. There are great roads to ride on up there and some neat towns to visit. I find Helen a bit touristy too. So, we don’t go there often. But, if you have never been there you should check it out. As was mentioned in the video, definitely get there early if you go in the fall. They do an Octoberfest that starts in September. After that, Christmas shopping in Helen picks up. So the lines into the city (two lane road) can get very long. Definitely get off the main drag through town for some interesting sights. We like Bid Daddy’s restaurant/bar when we can find parking.

The Richard Russell Parkway (Hwy 348) which is near there is a must ride. Hwy 75 between Helen and Hiawasee and Hwy 129 between Cleveland and Blairsville are nice, too.

Dahlonega is a great town to visit. Nice shopping and restaurants on the square. Busy, but not “touristy” like Helen. A lot of people like the city of Blue Ridge. We don’t get over there too often. But, we enjoy it when we do. They have a nice train ride through the mountains that is worth doing. Look it up online and book it before you go.

Lots of great hiking trails and waterfalls to see as well.

Tony

·
Registered
320 Posts
Agreed, Dahlonega is a cool little college town. We have friends that live there so we are there at least once a year. Limited hotel accommodations. The Smith House is a good choice for dinner.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah we definately have done the Helen thing before but our group had never been. I wanted to go to Dahlonega for the same reasons you mentioned, love the town square, way more authentic. But like riding the Dragon, if other people haven't done it you knid of have to take them. Never done the train ride, gotta put that on my list!

Great video and music!

My wife and I have a cabin about 10 miles from Helen. So I am up there a lot. However, it is usually on four wheels since she doesn’t ride. There are great roads to ride on up there and some neat towns to visit. I find Helen a bit touristy too. So, we don’t go there often. But, if you have never been there you should check it out. As was mentioned in the video, definitely get there early if you go in the fall. They do an Octoberfest that starts in September. After that, Christmas shopping in Helen picks up. So the lines into the city (two lane road) can get very long. Definitely get off the main drag through town for some interesting sights. We like Bid Daddy’s restaurant/bar when we can find parking.

The Richard Russell Parkway (Hwy 348) which is near there is a must ride. Hwy 75 between Helen and Hiawasee and Hwy 129 between Cleveland and Blairsville are nice, too.

Dahlonega is a great town to visit. Nice shopping and restaurants on the square. Busy, but not “touristy” like Helen. A lot of people like the city of Blue Ridge. We don’t get over there too often. But, we enjoy it when we do. They have a nice train ride through the mountains that is worth doing. Look it up online and book it before you go.

Lots of great hiking trails and waterfalls to see as well.

Tony

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
brother briremo, cos we only see those freaking palm trees on flat roads. one of the biggest things i miss from being back home in new england, back roads

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
brother briremo, cos we only see those freaking palm trees on flat roads. one of the biggest things i miss from being back home in new england, back roads
Where do you live ? I live in Central FL and believe it or not we have some great roads around here!

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
right next to the tourist trap. pine island near cape coral/ft myers . when i headed up to boston this june, went thru ocala national forest or something like that. but down here. freaking palm trees an tourist .if i head out to label or lake O. get the gravel trucks all the time.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Come up to orlando and I’ll show you some good riding. Wait a month or two until it cools down.
right next to the tourist trap. pine island near cape coral/ft myers . when i headed up to boston this june, went thru ocala national forest or something like that. but down here. freaking palm trees an tourist .if i head out to label or lake O. get the gravel trucks all the time.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts