Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
738 Posts
What a different time period. Great detail for such an old photograph. Nice seeing the Excelsior next to the Indian.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
The early days of racing. Great find Ray. Thanks

·
Registered
166 Posts

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Interesting that back then you took the vehicle and made it do what you wanted it to. It was what it was and you were the change factor. We have become so used to being given what we want that if it doesn't have the widget like the other guy's bike we'll go elsewhere. The Scout is the technology of today mixed with the lure of the wind in your face of yesteryear. I think we'll see some real fun and outside the box bikes grow from this. Polaris took a leap offering a bike for a traditional riding mode with an engine that admits it does not need to be phony with make believe fins and hidden cooling. "I'm old school, I'm in your face, get out of the way".

·
Registered
435 Posts
Interesting that back then you took the vehicle and made it do what you wanted it to. It was what it was and you were the change factor. We have become so used to being given what we want that if it doesn't have the widget like the other guy's bike we'll go elsewhere. The Scout is the technology of today mixed with the lure of the wind in your face of yesteryear. I think we'll see some real fun and outside the box bikes grow from this. Polaris took a leap offering a bike for a traditional riding mode with an engine that admits it does not need to be phony with make believe fins and hidden cooling. "I'm old school, I'm in your face, get out of the way".
Indian12.jpeg

1 - 20 of 50 Posts