Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Why is that post from a 20 hour old account and being their first post allowed? and with a return email address also. Is this not in line with the forum selling rules?

* note by Hink: correct. See post 9 etc. Please report these as soon as you see them (just hit ‘report post’ button). Thx

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,215 Posts
Tattletail

Reactions: Moto_Max

·
Rider
1,609 Posts
I figured the author of the post would have replied to my message here I’m not fond of clicking on a email link and not knowing where it goes if it’s fake.

·
Registered
456 Posts
There's also a lot of other weird stuff going on these days. Am I the only one getting blasted with all these Chinese posts here in these forums?

Reactions: Freya

·
Bronze member
3,472 Posts
I haven't since they've moved to this new system... but sometimes my screen goes from the black setting to the white setting on it's own... not a problem other than temporarily blinding me...

·
Silver member
4,938 Posts
I figured the author of the post would have replied to my message here I’m not fond of clicking on a email link and not knowing where it goes if it’s fake.
(y) It's good you posted this. There are some less tech savvy peeps that could be tempted to click on that email addy. Oh no.... not me LOL

·
Bronze member
2,011 Posts
Guessing it must be by honor system. But yeah, I would’ve thought there were some hard set rules, or rather hoops to jump through, before proceeding.

I’ve only seen one spamming of Chinese stuff since the forum change. And at least a couple updates, whatever those are doing.

On the oil cans subject, while doing some Internet searching about those things I came across a “retro” version of the Scout oil. Sold by IM.
I went ahead and bought a set because they were half price.
Metal 1 quart cans with painted labels.
Curiously... one side is English and the other side French. I did a double take because I thought it was Spanish at first.
E04BF4ED-CC44-4F31-B95C-D2D72B9BF632.jpeg ED2AA65F-78E0-4048-9733-B952102868D2.jpeg
85A74794-36D0-4453-8F05-0669E09614D5.jpeg

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
It was reported and I deleted it as soon as i was notified. I’ll pop back over to the thread list and see what happened.

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
I see what happened — it was posted four days ago but nobody notified us until two days ago. Hit the “report” button as soon as you see these and we will take care of ‘em. The problem we (moderators) have is that we cannot read every post in every thread (just too many of ‘em) so you guys/ gals have to flag em when you see ‘em.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,119 Posts
There's also a lot of other weird stuff going on these days. Am I the only one getting blasted with all these Chinese posts here in these forums?
I blame it on the new format ;)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts