Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
143 Posts
My dad signed up for this and showed up before the official 4am leave time and group had already left without him. I had originally planned to do this as well but still recovering from motorcycle accident last November so didn’t think I could make 1000miles but planned to do it in future if they continued. But based on my dads experience this time doubtful I’ll give it a go. He’s now out not only the registration fee but also booked a hotel nearby to be able to crash afterwards and be around for the party the next day. Hotel was non refundable at 4am the day of the reservation.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Which location was your dad signed up for? I was part of the Knoxville group and we actually left a little late. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for him.

·
Registered
13 Posts
This event was awesome! The planning was meticulous, down to which gas station individual riders were stopping at. There were 19 or 20 of us in the group that left from Knoxville. The weather was fairly good, once we got out of the initial rain. The roads were mostly interstate, with some 2 laners thrown in to change the scenery a bit. We stopped at 4 Indian dealerships and all had snacks ready for us. Of course they were ready to sell us all shirts as well!

I was able to check off a bucket list item after doing this ride. It was well worth the time and effort.

·
Registered
966 Posts
Like many of us that participated on this ride it was a bucket list item for me. I'm extremely grateful for all the support in planning and execution. A lot of people out there went to a lot of trouble and it was greatly appreciated.
I'm glad to hear that everyone got around the loop safely.
I'm hoping to be able to get out of a chair without wincing by tomorrow.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Which location was your dad signed up for? I was part of the Knoxville group and we actually left a little late. Sorry to hear things didn't work out for him.
He was spose to be with the marrietta group. He got a message saying to call if you weren't showing up(apparently some didn't because of weather) but he was on his way there and wasn't cancelling so didn't call. He got there and they'd already left.

21 - 25 of 25 Posts