Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You probably know IMRG is helping out with 12 events this year. The first one is the Inaugural Southeast Iron Butt Tour benefiting Operation Homefront, a charity supporting our military families in need.

This is a true regional event as it occurs in three states and rides through four. Current confirmed locations are Knoxville, TN (lead location), Marietta/Atlanta, GA and Charleston, SC. Savannah is in the talks and will finalize this week if they are participating.

The event has two parts: From all locations groups will leave Friday, May 1st at 4:00 AM on an IBA Saddlesore 1000 ride. All groups will follow the same track, circling back to the starting location. Completing riders will get IBA Certification, IBA bling, IBA listing on their website, acknowledgement on the event web site, and 100 free raffle tickets.

The second part is on May 2nd (Saturday) and is a celebration party open to the public! Food. Drink. Silent Auctions. Raffles. 50/50. Music. The parties will be at the locations of the ride starts/finishes.

While this is sponsored and led by IMRGs, the ride is open to all bikes and riders. It's about the charity. Proceeds from all locations will go to the Operation Homefront support for those communities. If you have a company or know of one that would like to donate items for raffle or silent auction, please have them contact me at [email protected].

Details and registration are at www.southeastironbutt.com. I'd love to see a lot of Indians there riding with mine!

·
Registered
967 Posts
I'm so disappointed I can't go on this ride. IBA certification is on my bucket list and this would be a perfect way to not only get that one checked off, but to also support a great cause. Unfortunately, an event for work is eating this spot on the calendar.
I'll be there for the Saturday celebration and will be supporting it financially.
Kudo's to the IMRG national and all the regional groups for putting this together. Very well done, and it promises great things for the future.

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm so disappointed I can't go on this ride. IBA certification is on my bucket list and this would be a perfect way to not only get that one checked off, but to also support a great cause. Unfortunately, an event for work is eating this spot on the calendar.
I'll be there for the Saturday celebration and will be supporting it financially.
Kudo's to the IMRG national and all the regional groups for putting this together. Very well done, and it promises great things for the future.
No problem. We'll get ya next year. I hope to make this an annual event and add more routes and locations.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Hey Lee, I tried your link but it gave me the "site cannot be reached" blurb. I tried it a couple times, same results. I'd like to participate or at least get some information from the site (routes and such). It's been a few years since I did an Iron Butt run (got Saddlesore and Bunburner under my belt) and I have a friend that's been itching to get his name added to the list. Sounds like a great planned activity in addition to working this through IMRG. Good deal, sir

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey Lee, I tried your link but it gave me the "site cannot be reached" blurb. I tried it a couple times, same results. I'd like to participate or at least get some information from the site (routes and such). It's been a few years since I did an Iron Butt run (got Saddlesore and Bunburner under my belt) and I have a friend that's been itching to get his name added to the list. Sounds like a great planned activity in addition to working this through IMRG. Good deal, sir
I just tried it on my phone and it worked. Let's cheat it a bit. Take the spaces out. www. Southeastironbutt. Com

Let me know if you still have trouble.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
Nope, still nothing any way I try on my office computer (no firewall blocking, either) I tried on my phone and was able to access.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Perhaps they changed the dates? This is what is listed on the website.

When - Your ride begin at 4:00 A.M. on Friday, August 21st, 2020.
Guessing over the corona stuff as lots of things getting dates changed, but yes it looks like it was changed. Though the site still says to sign up by end of March to get the t-shirt.

·
Read Only
416 Posts
I really wanted to go, too. Buddy of mine took off May 1 just for it. We will just be back from Sturgis on the August date so we won't make this one.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts