Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So they've been working on a new, much better, website - I was told.

I got my 2nd welcome note in the mail today. Instructing me to visit imrgmember.com to sign up with the login and password they provided.

Here's a couple tips since the generated email and password that they give you is in all caps.
  1. Those are 0's as in ZERO's not the letter O.
  2. Despite the password being in all caps, the letters in your auto-generated password need to typed in lower case.
Lastly, assuming you get in - you'll be prompted to update your account. That includes your actual email address, a password of your choice, and your mailing address. Here's the catch. You can't complete the sign-up process with-out adding your primary Indian Dealer. And of course, mine isn't a listed option. So you might want to just pick a random one from the list so you can complete the sign-up process. Hopefully, they'll let you change it later.

So if you find a post card in the mail in the coming weeks, maybe you'll find this helpful.

·
Founding Member
429 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the lowercase in the password field. My card showed all caps. Also my dealership's name isn't on the list of dealers the form wants. Even choosing another dealership to complete the form then trying to edit the information it still won't recognize the dealerships name. So much for getting Holeshot the credit. The requirement to upload a photo of the odometer on the bike was novel so they got the shot I took at the dealership before we road away.

·
Rider
787 Posts
Hmmm, maybe I'm the only guy w/ an Indian and not a cell phone...
I can't get past the 'upload pic of odo'...

I got about 7200 miles... Anybody got an odo pic I can use?

·
11th Light Infantry Brigade
3,603 Posts
Here's the really bad news, there is nothing of value on the site even if you could get on. They must have used one of them there Syrian refugee imports to set up the site. No need to even comment further as Polaris/Indian is not listening contrary to reports that they are. I think they salted n some real morons on their customer service side of the house.

Love that Vintage though. I'm thinking late 2020 or later til they get their act together or see if they even want to stay In the fray

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Sadly @Americal23 is right. There's not much there besides links to Indian products. Collecting digital patches is cool, if you're into that sort of thing. Looks mostly like a means for them to collect free market data on the riders. I don't mind though. I'd love to see more Indian's on the road. So whatever helps. Maybe It'll be of more use when my local IMRG Chapter is up and running.

Reached out to my dealer though about them not being listed and it was resolved pretty quickly. So if you're hard pressed to make sure your dealer gets credit for your IMRG interest I'd let them know you have an issue.

@ebigfish I've got a long way to go to catch up to you. I need to get some real road trips in.

·
Rider
787 Posts
yes, aebsr, you do... I've never put this many miles on a bike in less than a year.
we got a road trip this weekend up to the DAPL protest in ND... about a 900 mile round trip.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
How do you upload your bike pic?

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,206 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
I don't think you can as far as I can tell. Just odometer pic. Maybe that's coming in the next release?
Look under the "Your Motorcycle(s)" area.
Look at the spot where your bike info is. Click on "Edit". There is a graphic place holder (that says "No Image") there which is designed to click on and add your bike pic but I can't get it to work.

·
Rider
1,126 Posts
my Canadian dealer is not on the list either.....tossing the card.

Also, is this a totally free membership, or something we are going to have to pay for after a year....??

--
Gordon

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
@MasterBlaster It looks like they are figuring out what image to load based on what you put in as your Motorcycle Make and Motorcycle Model.

You can't manually upload a pic of your own bike. Just edit those fields and they should figure it out. I just typed in "Indian" and "Scout"

·
Registered
127 Posts
my Canadian dealer is not on the list either.....tossing the card.

Also, is this a totally free membership, or something we are going to have to pay for after a year....??

--
Gordon
When I got to the part to choose what level of membership I wanted (all of which had a $ figure), I took a second, paused, and threw it in the recycle bin! Seriously, I'm floored they think I would pay for that garbage.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
@MasterBlaster It looks like they are figuring out what image to load based on what you put in as your Motorcycle Make and Motorcycle Model.

You can't manually upload a pic of your own bike. Just edit those fields and they should figure it out. I just typed in "Indian" and "Scout"
I think you may be right. I have an Indian Chief Classic. How can I get that into 2 fields? Two fields work great for a Scout but don't they need to add another field for Chiefs?
Since we all have Indians, why did they add Make at all?

Reactions: aebsr

·
Bronze Member
1,654 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
I received my postcards in the mail yesterday. I say "postcards" because they sent two cards, each with a unique login ID and password, even though I only own one bike. I was able to get into the new site using the info provided. As mentioned previously, your password should be entered using lowercase letters. Got my profile set up and got registered without any issues. I'm including a screenshot which says I can expect a membership kit in approx. 6 - 8 weeks. Not sure what that will include, though, as they sent me an IMRG patch and pin with my original welcome kit. Let the waiting game begin!
File Sep 23, 1 20 32 PM.jpeg

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
1 - 20 of 37 Posts