Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As a relatively new rider I wanted to join a group for support and friendship from other Indian riders, but what I have found after joining the Idaho based IMRG, is a nightmare. The leadership of the group supports itself at the expense of the general membership and the president of the group apparently feels he is entitled to bully and intimidate members to prove his authority. They recently asked membership to contribute to a fund raiser that they didn't disclose actually supported the outlaw motorcycle gang Brother Speed. I am appalled at the president of the organization calling, shouting at and threatening a membership volunteer for not enforcing the exclusivity of an event being planned for a public rally - i.e. the only poker run, when historically there had been several scheduled at this rally by multiple groups. I don't know that I have seen a less professionally run or more ethically challenged group and I am sorry to have been sucked into their drama and dysfunction. I wouldn't classify the general membership as problematic, many are fine individuals, however they have not stood up to the leadership's bullying tactics and power trip. What a shame it is to want to be with other Indian enthusiasts, find the only local group and discover it's practices are detrimental to the brand and membership. If you are looking for a group to join in Idaho, don't let it be this one.

·
Bronze member
1,842 Posts
So start your own with the other members of like mind. It can be anything you want. It doesn't have to be IMRG. Just create a club, have a meeting, set the tone and write some bylaws. Then ride.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,354 Posts
My local group cares about nothing other than fundraising. Even if these nothing in particular to fundraise for. The other group I belong to "gets it" but they are 2 hours away.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Will be looking to do that, just want to ride and skip the BS. Small community here, hope the forum helps me connect to others in my area.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I assume you must be in the Bosie area. If you make it up to N Idaho let me know. We are the IMRG out of Allsport in Spokane. We meet on the first Saturday of the month and do a ride. Then other of us get together during the month for a ride, just a day ride or maybe something a little longer. We have a ride on the 7,8,9 of July to Wenattche for the bike expo

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I assume you must be in the Bosie area. If you make it up to N Idaho let me know. We are the IMRG out of Allsport in Spokane. We meet on the first Saturday of the month and do a ride. Then other of us get together during the month for a ride, just a day ride or maybe something a little longer. We have a ride on the 7,8,9 of July to Wenattche for the bike expo
Thank you, we do get to N Idaho and Spokane now and then, would love to meet up with you for a ride. We just want to ride and enjoy the experience with like-minded folk. We'll try to connect next time we are up there.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
OP, you should contact the national IMRG and share your concerns about your chapter. It sounds to me like they are rogue.

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Precisely why I do not particulate in any organized groups. I do have membership in a couple of non motorcycle related Veteran organizations but am not active beyond my membership dues which they use for worthy causes.

Reactions: Georgia Boy

·
Bronze member
2,565 Posts
OP, I believe all IMRG chapters must be sponsored by an Indian dealer. You might want to contact that dealer. I would make sure it is all confidential though.

·
Registered
2,329 Posts
First off, who the heck does he think he is yelling and threatening another person, second, why did whom ever he was doing it to just stayed there and took it? I know not everyone is Billy Bad A$$, but it would not go far without finding something to equal things out real quick.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I was a founding member of this Group and am still a member. I have never seen or heard of anything like your talking about. If you have proof of this get a hold of me. I have a hard time seeing it happen, stranger things have happened. The last fund raiser was in support of the local riding instructor.

·
Registered
61 Posts
After investigating into this matter, I have become aware of who this is. The only person that has acted in the above manner, as far a raising their voice to people and being rude is the OP. National IMRG already knows of his person and there was a reason a vote was taken to remove this person from a leadership position. The OP is not telling things as they happened at all. I would prefer to leave it at that. I can, and will provide more details if necessary.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Unfortunately so. Sometimes people need to step back and think. If they have a problem with everything and everyone the problem might be themselves.

·
Banned
5,398 Posts
I think if I ran into a 'gang' with the club name of Brother Speed, I'd kinda get back a few feet and look at whats going on.
This store is represented by a forum member here..........Zeb............who was sorta unscrupulous and got caught spinning a few whoppers here months ago.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.