Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just caught this from the IMRG site. Did anybody see this one coming? Dang, just paid my annual dues in November. My local chapter went away when the dealership closed, but they are starting up again about an hour further away at another. I haven't quite decided yet whether I'm going to stay with them or not. This could help swing me. It won't cost me anything but time now, and that is exactly what I like to spend on my bike.

IMRG NATIONAL MEMBERSHIP IS FREE
IMRG is all about riding. Connect with a local riding chapter near you. If there isn't a local riding chapter nearby, look for a local Indian Motorcycle dealership to sponsor you and ask to start a new IMRG chapter. Please note that you might have to pay dues to become a member of your local chapter. This will vary from chapter to chapter, please contact an officer of that local group for more information.

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
964 Posts
I also had renewed in November.

·
Rider
510 Posts
For those that have renewed, they will give you IMRG Elite status. It is supposed to be launching I believe in the spring. You will get a few bennies, one of them being a $25 GC for Indian PGA. So if nothing else, the new membership cost you $25...that's a little easier to swallow. They have also made a lot of changes in general, making it easier and cheaper to start a chapter. One of them being the insurance no longer being required. That is what shut a lot of chapters down. So you may see a few new chapters starting up. might be worth asking your closest dealership.

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I got the year free with purchase of new bike. Looks like a kool set-up for owners. Very similar to H.O.G. for the HD guys. However, after my inaugural membership I will not return.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
What about life members?

Reactions: El-Spanky

·
Rider
510 Posts
What about life members?
Zenrider is correct, you will become a Lifetime Elite member. If you are able to make it to the events, which so far are Daytona, Sturgis or the big national event at Jack Daniels, you will have some kind of VIP line and status for the event.

·
Registered
225 Posts
For those that have renewed, they will give you IMRG Elite status. It is supposed to be launching I believe in the spring. You will get a few bennies, one of them being a $25 GC for Indian PGA. So if nothing else, the new membership cost you $25...that's a little easier to swallow. They have also made a lot of changes in general, making it easier and cheaper to start a chapter. One of them being the insurance no longer being required. That is what shut a lot of chapters down. So you may see a few new chapters starting up. might be worth asking your closest dealership.

Sphinx 327,

How did you come by this bit of information above? I just renewed in September and paid $75.00 if I recall correctly, and now it's free? I just sent an e mail question to IMRG via the website for their response as to my paid membership vs the now free membership and am awaiting their response.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
This could be an interesting marketing move. I have always thought that Polaris should offer more support to building local and regional support to move the brand identity into an identifiable culture other than simply being passive and allowing the machine to try and define it's own space for consumers.
If IMRG is free nationally, and nearly or entirely free at the local level, then it's more likely that riders that identify with the brand, or even more importantly will later identify with the brand, will be able to participate.
Charity rides could be more common. A presence and image of a very diverse image of the Indian tribe could be popularized.
I think I really like this move. I hope there is a long term strategy associated with it.

·
Registered
225 Posts
I just sent a follow up e mail to IMRG inquiring as to a pro rated refund to all of us who were apparently suckered into paying for a now free benefit.

·
Founding member
2,188 Posts
Our dealer gave a hint (no specifics) at our monthly meeting that something major was coming soon to the national IMRG. He also said that new leadership was put into place to run the national organization and that Indian was giving more attention to making things more beneficial to the local groups and individual members. Sounds like it is happening.

·
Rider
936 Posts

Sphinx 327,

How did you come by this bit of information above? I just renewed in September and paid $75.00 if I recall correctly, and now it's free? I just sent an e mail question to IMRG via the website for their response as to my paid membership vs the now free membership and am awaiting their response.
This information was passed out to all IMRG officers in a webinar that was distributed on monday of this week. I am an officer so I recieved the communication. This is true. As mentioned above anyone who paid for a membership renewal for this year will get one year of elete status. While membership to the IMRG is now free an elete membership is not. Therefore if you already paid for a membership you get elete status.

·
Bronze member
1,910 Posts
Remember this saying:
If it's free it isn't good and if it's good it isn't free

LOL

·
Registered
7 Posts
Very true. The old group page was not free after the first year. But you could see it coming because they started doing away with benefits.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts