Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just received a welcome free elite status from Indian guess because I was IMRG member in 2019 anyone else got theirs?
Annotation 2020-07-14 153732.png

·
Registered
410 Posts
Nice they did that for you. Not sure I want to pay for Elite status. I've purchased 2 new Indians, one in Nov. and one in April. I've yet to be sent a copy of the magazine...which I'm sure I'd like to read.

Maybe it's a hit or miss thing.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
yup... and used my $25 coupon on a oil change kit...

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
Just received the very same thing. Awesome.
Well done Indian. Now if I can get Indian emails from hitting my spam folder each and every time....

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts
Same here. When IMRG went to a free subscription model late last year earliy this yea. They went ahead and made all the existing members Elite status who had paid for the higher tier membership last year.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
it was before what was posted and it is for only those with a birth date in July... so I would assume they'll send you one in the month you were born...

·
Registered
69 Posts
So, who would ordinarily pay $50 to get a $25 off coupon? The magazine (if like the IMRG mags of recent past) is nothing more than a marketing vehicle. I do not need to rent an Indian because I own two. And VIP access to events - that's like vaporware.

·
Bronze member
4,155 Posts

·
Registered
563 Posts
I got excited when I saw the Rentals, to be honest. I travel allot for work, I've got a few bucket list items; Riding down the Pacific Coast Highway / Riding to the Hoover Dam, etc... I punched in the nearest Indian rental place near LAX and that was a bust. I'd have to rent a car to go rent a motorcycle - the dealership is that far away.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
So, who would ordinarily pay $50 to get a $25 off coupon? The magazine (if like the IMRG mags of recent past) is nothing more than a marketing vehicle. I do not need to rent an Indian because I own two. And VIP access to events - that's like vaporware.
probably no one... but I also received $1500 off of my Limited for being a paid member... another member here (I didn't do it) bought the Roadmaster Classic quick release trunk mount for $200... a little less than half off... Elite members get sale offers that the others don't.. I can be a paying member for a long time just on the $1500 which was usable with any other offer.. so $1500 from IRMG and $1500 from a trade in and $750 hero's offer... $3000 off a left over Limited is what let me in the budget range for a Limited.. I don't borrow money for toys so I'm glad I could move up to a Limited over a Chief.. plus get 750 in accessories... it works for me

·
Bronze member
1,816 Posts
I've never heard about IMRG member discounts on bikes or accessories except from the Indian postcards from the dealer.

·
Premium Member
877 Posts
As an IMRG member locally I get a discount at the sponsoring dealership on accessories.... Clothes, etc. Not on a bike though.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Bought a Bobber in 2019, got my little brown book that sits on my bookshelf, and have never been contacted or seen an IMRG in my area.
I was the same, never heard anything about IMRG from the dealership or Indian except saw it was being discussed here, so I searched them out and signed up !

·
Registered
563 Posts
Bought a Bobber and a CDH in 2019 and have not seen one coupon code or deal or anything since as well.

Bought a Bobber in 2019, got my little brown book that sits on my bookshelf, and have never been contacted or seen an IMRG in my area.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
As an IMRG member locally I get a discount at the sponsoring dealership on accessories.... Clothes, etc. Not on a bike though.
it was offered through the Factory in Dec 18 - Feb 19 if I remember right..

·
Registered
69 Posts
The only good thing is 35 bucks a year for the premium towing service.

Emergency services for all kinds of motorcycles and riders of all ages
Their towing service basically didn't know who I was and almost left me stranded in early 2019. When I called them, they could not find me in their database. Only after several calls, once I reached my dealership (Mall of GA), was the dealership able to intervene (not sure what they ended up doing) - but they eventually got a wrecker dispatched to the north GA mountains to bring me home. Now I'm using AAA Motorcycle sercice.

·
Rider
1,101 Posts
I decided to "upgrade" to the so called Elite status after my free one year membership that came with the purchase of my '20 JD SF DH was expiring and receiving an invite from Polaris to upgrade to elite. After a month or so passed I reached out to the mother ship to inquire about my new "Elite" patch. Finally got back a response and was told "You will not receive anything physically in the mail with your Elite membership. Orders are hand processed and you will see a follow up email from a staff member of the Riders Group. I do apologize patches and pins are no longer included with the Elite memberships. They can be ordered using the link below"

HA ha ha WTF kind of scam is this? Pay extra for nothing of value or merit it seems. I will not be renewing any membership the so called IMRG from here on out. Absolute BS scam IMHO. Perhaps I am missing something on the value of this purchase?

·
Premium Member
95 Posts
I decided to "upgrade" to the so called Elite status after my free one year membership that came with the purchase of my '20 JD SF DH was expiring and receiving an invite from Polaris to upgrade to elite. After a month or so passed I reached out to the mother ship to inquire about my new "Elite" patch. Finally got back a response and was told "You will not receive anything physically in the mail with your Elite membership. Orders are hand processed and you will see a follow up email from a staff member of the Riders Group. I do apologize patches and pins are no longer included with the Elite memberships. They can be ordered using the link below"

HA ha ha WTF kinda scam is this? Pay extra for nothing of value or merit it seems. I will not be renewing any membership the so called IMRG from here on out. Absolute BS scam IMGO. Perhaps I am missing something on the value of this purchase?
I didn't even get my $25 birthday coupon. As far as I can tell, it is a total scam.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts