Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The Aeromach dipstick will not fit our engines. They are in the process of resolving the problem. Do not attempt to force screw the dipstick into the threaded hole, because you will cause major harm to the crankcase threads. Contact them for refund or credit.
They are a great group of people, and this is an issue only for Dark Horse engines, not the whole line of Chief engines. The thread pitch is different on the Dark Horse dipsticks.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Good to know. I'm sticking with the stock one myself :rolleyes:

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Good to know. I'm sticking with the stock one myself :rolleyes:
I have a hard time seeing the level because of the black plastic. The Aeromach Dipstick is a beautiful and practical accessory to add to your bike. I am sure they will get the correct thread on the dipstick plug and I will buy it. Don't ask me why the Dark Horse is different. I am sure it was because of the Polaris Beancounters. LOL! Trying to get a few more pennies of profit.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
I agree, it can be hard to see sometimes, but if I hold it right no problem. I don't understand why there is a difference from the other chiefs either.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,808 Posts
Well that makes you wonder what other nasty secrets they have done to these bikes and are they doing the same kinds of short cut cost saving things in the later years of the other models. I really don't like the idea the bean counters are already designing the bikes. At some point they will have them down to HD level if this is a sign of what is taking place. Not good at all.

·
Senior member / gold
6,951 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I don't know if it is true, but the guy at Aeromach said that the dipstick hole size and thread pitch is the same as the Scout. The dipstick measuring stick is not the same. I think Polaris' idea is to get the holes and threads the same in order to share the same plug for both models. Just my guess though.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts