Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse, 2021 Indian Vintage, 2019 Indian FTR-RR, 1977 Yamaha XS750
431 Posts
Congratulations TheBru! Enjoy every minute of you retirement. Ride safe and have fun. Enjoy your family and friends and don’t forget to thank your Heavenly Father.

I am almost 63. A few days before my 56th birthday I have a massive heart attack. I never returned to work. It took 5 years to get reasonably healthy again. I then started to purchase all the motorcycles I always said I would when I retired. I consider every day a blessing. A bonus. A gift from God!

·
Registered
84 Posts
RETIRED!!!! Wife retired Tuesday!!! Moving to a great riding location! Gonna' start putting on the miles! Have an old riding buddy waiting for me in Delta. Got a really nice man cave/guitar haven. It's going to be glorious:cool::):p:D:p🎸🛵
I have 7 more years before I can fully retire, 3 more years if I take an early retirement, I am really looking forward to it, So enjoy your retirement and enjoy your freedom. :cool:🐺

·
Registered
66 Posts
See you on the Western Slope. We also found and had a offer accepted on a place in Delta. So as soon as we sell our place in Ouray we will also be in Delta.

·
Registered
222 Posts
Congrats!

Reactions: TheBru

·
Administrator
16,563 Posts
Congrats, brother! Guitars, great riding country, and retirement ~~ perfect!

·
Rider
1,263 Posts
Congrats on your new freedom! I’ve been retired for six years and am loving it. You’re never gonna wake up in the morning and say, wish I could go to work today, guaranteed. Stay safe, and enjoy.

·
Registered
13 Posts
RETIRED!!!! Wife retired Tuesday!!! Moving to a great riding location! Gonna' start putting on the miles! Have an old riding buddy waiting for me in Delta. Got a really nice man cave/guitar haven. It's going to be glorious:cool::):p:D:p🎸🛵
Congrats and enjoy the next chapter

·
Bronze member
1,985 Posts
When you said retire I thought you were getting new tires for your scoot. :cool:

Reactions: TheBru

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Just learned another riding buddy bought a house 2 blocks up from me in Delta!!! Going to have to find @Ourayphill when I get there also. Get a little weekend ride/BBQ group together.

·
Registered
80 Posts
As mentioned above, here’s a tip to extend the ability to ride into your senior years. After 30 the aging process causes us to lose muscle mass, about 3-8% per decade. By age 60, you’ve lost 9-24%, so that 800 lb. bagger gets more and more difficult to handle. To combat this, include some sort of strength training to counter natural muscle loss. I’ve already lost some riding buddies that have given up on taking motorcycle trips.

·
Registered
22 Posts
6 weeks and counting for me. The second hand on my watch is moving extremely slow. I will be wearing out the pavement. Good luck to you, ride safe

·
Registered
39 Posts
It will soon be 14 years or retirement for me. Retirement is nice but the aging process not so much. I still ride as much as I can. Enjoy your freedom and make the most of it.
About to retire - in early 70s - and also ride as much as I can. Agree about ageing process too.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Congratulations! I hope the good Lord lets me make it to and through retirement with good health to enjoy it! 9 more years.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Well done!! Enjoy the miles, and the time.

21 - 40 of 40 Posts