Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
YAY!!! With my chemo behind and only a few more radiations to go, I was able to go riding again, even if it was only for a couple/three of hours. But man, I was ready. The helmet feels a little lose without hair, but hey, it'll come back.

I just wanted to thank you all for being so nice and understanding for the past few months. A lot of products were sent out, and mistakes were made. But everybody was just sweet and patient, and I can't thank you enough for that. My "noodle" didn't work at all. So even on my good days I would have to call customers and ask them the same thing 3 times. Very embarrassing. And try to fill out a UPS/Fedex/USPS form to overnight a heat shield to Sturgis when your brain is not working...
But we got it done, and customers were happy to have it there when they needed it the most.

So things are on the upswing, the noodle is clearing up, the right hand seems to know what the left hand is doing, which wasn't the case many times during my treatment.

In the meantime we picked up a few more Indian dealerships that are working with us and selling out product. Some of them are sponsors here on this forum, which is nice to see.

We have a new Indian head embossing for our crotch coolers available, and we'll come out with a fender bib for Scouts as soon as I get photos from customers with the fender bib installed on their bikes to put up on our website.

We are also scratching our heads how we can make a windshield bag. Problem is the lack of a screw in the middle of the windshield. So we're working on that.

That's it for now. Just wanted to touch base. Maybe brag a little about our new heat shield with alligator embossed leather, and wish you all some great riding during the fall months. So watch out for a bald headed, 6 ft tall German with the biggest grin on her face, because she's BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!!!

Isabel

·
Rider
1,032 Posts
Wow! I had no idea. :oops: Good speaking with you on the phone today...looking forward to becoming a customer. Hang in there! Thanks for all you do!- JJ

·
Registered
257 Posts
How are your products able to keep the heat off your customers crotches? I just see heavy leather and no foil in between the leather to deflect the heat.

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,205 Posts
Welcome back Isabel!! I love my cooler, would love to see a windshield bag. How about a double sided sticky 3M tape to hold the bag on the windshield? I used that on the Vic Cross Country and it worked pretty well.

So glad you are through the chemo. Stay strong and don't over do things until you get all your strength back.

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How are your products able to keep the heat off your customers crotches? I just see heavy leather and no foil in between the leather to deflect the heat.
Because this is all that's needed. Just read the posts from our customers. We are selling crotch coolers for Harleys for over 8 years and never had an issue with the heat. Our product works the way it is.

·
Registered
600 Posts
Captain

I have you crotch cooler on my Chief and your mud flap on my wife's scout - both excellent products I recommend to anyone who will listen.

With respect to design for a windscreen bag - I thought you might like to see a bag I had designed for my wife's scout - no need to attached to the windshield - use the side rails. My bag is not perfect (needs to be deeper) but it is on the right track- hope this helps you:

image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg

·
Banned
2,947 Posts
Really glad to hear you are on the mend.

·
Registered
2 Posts
YAY!!! With my chemo behind and only a few more radiations to go, I was able to go riding again, even if it was only for a couple/three of hours. But man, I was ready. The helmet feels a little lose without hair, but hey, it'll come back.

I just wanted to thank you all for being so nice and understanding for the past few months. A lot of products were sent out, and mistakes were made. But everybody was just sweet and patient, and I can't thank you enough for that. My "noodle" didn't work at all. So even on my good days I would have to call customers and ask them the same thing 3 times. Very embarrassing. And try to fill out a UPS/Fedex/USPS form to overnight a heat shield to Sturgis when your brain is not working...
But we got it done, and customers were happy to have it there when they needed it the most.

So things are on the upswing, the noodle is clearing up, the right hand seems to know what the left hand is doing, which wasn't the case many times during my treatment.

In the meantime we picked up a few more Indian dealerships that are working with us and selling out product. Some of them are sponsors here on this forum, which is nice to see.

We have a new Indian head embossing for our crotch coolers available, and we'll come out with a fender bib for Scouts as soon as I get photos from customers with the fender bib installed on their bikes to put up on our website.

We are also scratching our heads how we can make a windshield bag. Problem is the lack of a screw in the middle of the windshield. So we're working on that.

That's it for now. Just wanted to touch base. Maybe brag a little about our new heat shield with alligator embossed leather, and wish you all some great riding during the fall months. So watch out for a bald headed, 6 ft tall German with the biggest grin on her face, because she's BACK IN THE SADDLE AGAIN!!!

Isabel

Anything in the works to match the Desert Tan on a 2015 Roadmaster?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Captain

I have you crotch cooler on my Chief and your mud flap on my wife's scout - both excellent products I recommend to anyone who will listen.

With respect to design for a windscreen bag - I thought you might like to see a bag I had designed for my wife's scout - no need to attached to the windshield - use the side rails. My bag is not perfect (needs to be deeper) but it is on the right track- hope this helps you:

View attachment 90609 View attachment 90617 View attachment 90625 View attachment 90633

Great job, Fidman. That looks great. How long did it take you to make it?

·
Premium Member
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Anything in the works to match the Desert Tan on a 2015 Roadmaster?
Our current tan leather is a close as it gets to the desert tan color. But if you have any questions, just call me at 931-653-4117 between 8am-5pm on weekdays.

Isabel

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Good to here your back in the saddle. Still loving my Captain Itch Crotch Cooler, it made hot summer rides to work a lot cooler. Thank you.

·
Registered
150 Posts

Isabel

·
Registered
623 Posts
So glad you are getting better and hope it's all steady progress! I am pretty sure you probably already have one of these as a prototype, but I took the pics to see how it will fit on the Scout. I will NOT pay Indian $200 for $25 worth of leather (if that.) I would probably pay $100.

scout windshield.jpg side windshield bag.jpg

·
Gold member
6,436 Posts
Me likes a Happy Story and this is one! Good for you, your helmet will fit again; Even better. "Prevention is better than cure" Live to Ride!

1 - 20 of 22 Posts