Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Should either handles controls be backlit so they are visible at night?

Screen Shot 2014-10-28 at 8.28.47 AM.png

Seems like there ought to be some lighted switches to make them easier to see. Of course with experience one knows which ones are which, but if one were to ride different motorcycles with different configurations on the handlebars then it could get confusing.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Great idea...seems like small LED's would be the basis for implementing this change, now if Indian would just put engineering to work on that.

·
Super Moderator
4,927 Posts
Yep, great idea!! I'd also like the dash/speedo light to be adjustable, too bright for me.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Keep it up and a $10,999 bike price goes up to $13,999.
I don't think the idea was meant to extend to the Scout. As for pricing, I hope Indian doesn't follow H-D's policy of raising prices 4% (on average) annually since their IPO! The large chassis Indians are already priced high enough.

·
Registered
544 Posts
I installed these on my 2014 HD Ultra Limited. They are a Harley accessory. This is a vast improvement over stock, but were quite pricey - I believe around $250, but worth it in my opinion, especially on a touring bike with extensive controls. If Indian offered this accessory I'd likely retrofit my Vintage.

Steve

·
Registered
94 Posts
Installed what? Is there a picture or link missing or am I missing something?

·
Texas Hill Country
4,697 Posts
Should either handles controls be backlit so they are visible at night?

View attachment 3000

Seems like there ought to be some lighted switches to make them easier to see. Of course with experience one knows which ones are which, but if one were to ride different motorcycles with different configurations on the handlebars then it could get confusing.
If Indian Motorcycle were really considerate they would incorporate Braille controls so blind guys could ride them.

·
Registered
1,155 Posts
radio controls lite up but more important controls don't.
I found this out travelling through the desert when I accidentally switched off the power instead of increasing speed on the cruise control. I sent Polaris an email concerning this. They need backlights on all hand controls for this reason and it was a very stupid oversite to put them on the entertainment controls and not the controls that matter on the right side of the bike.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts