Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2018 Chieftain Limited. I don’t ride at night much but the couple times I have I noticed an odd issue.

It seems my right hand cube is illuminated (which is great, lets me see the controls).

my left side control cube does not illuminate.

Has anyone run across this? I have not been able to get w straight answer from two dealers now...and one of my questions is am I supposed to have illuminated cubes to begin with..or do I have a faulty left side one???

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
On my 2018 Springfield DH, neither side is illuminated. I've found it's a nuisance not having the left side lit up as it's easy to mix up horn and high/low switches while wearing gloves in the dark.

·
Bronze member
3,560 Posts
On my 2018 Springfield DH, neither side is illuminated. I've found it's a nuisance not having the left side lit up as it's easy to mix up horn and high/low switches while wearing gloves in the dark.
None of the bikes from years ago,lit up either,yet,no one ever had any problems or complaints about riding em at night,myself included!!

But then again,I'm not too "BRIGHT" either! Get it?? lol lol

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a 2018 Chieftain. The left side illuminates but the right does not. Is there a bulb to replace? I saw that there is a recall. It didn’t bother me until I noticed it, now I can’t not see it.

·
Bronze member
3,560 Posts
After you've owned and or driven a vehicle "ANY VEHICLE" for any period of time,you should have become familiar with its' controls WITHOUT having to look for em,whether it be a car,truck,boat,airplane,piece of equipment or, MOTORCYCLE. I know I'm familiar with mine cause that's what I did!! What ya usually do with any new vehicle is sit on or in it,look at the users' manual while sitting,so as to "FAMILIARIZE" yourself with the controls until you're comfortable.After that,the more ya drive,ride,or use it,the more comfortable you should feel with locating those controls.But then again,every now and then ,ya may,or maynot, get a brain fart,atleast I do,but that comes with old age,but since I'm only gonna be 18 years old on my next birthday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I don't have that problem!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Dave!!!

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After you've owned and or driven a vehicle "ANY VEHICLE" for any period of time,you should have become familiar with its' controls WITHOUT having to look for em,whether it be a car,truck,boat,airplane,piece of equipment or, MOTORCYCLE. I know I'm familiar with mine cause that's what I did!! What ya usually do with any new vehicle is sit on or in it,look at the users' manual while sitting,so as to "FAMILIARIZE" yourself with the controls until you're comfortable.After that,the more ya drive,ride,or use it,the more comfortable you should feel with locating those controls.But then again,every now and then ,ya may,or maynot, get a brain fart,atleast I do,but that comes with old age,but since I'm only gonna be 18 years old on my next birthday :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: :LOL: I don't have that problem!!:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: Dave!!!
I was inquiring about a mechanical functioning part of the bike, not a lesson in how I am supposed to be familiar with my bike. Be a jackass somewhere esle.

·
Bronze member
3,560 Posts
I meant no disrespect and was only trying to help. But maybe you're right and it's time to move on to another site where I can speak with other jackasses like myself.So with that said,I wish you luck with your endeavors.Good by gentlemen!!

·
Premium Member
2018 Indian Chieftain (Tanto) Steel Gray
384 Posts
My 2018 Chieftain base is only backlit on the right side.
Bicycle Camera accessory Bicycle part Carbon Point-and-shoot camera
Vehicle Audio equipment Automotive tire Wire Machine

·
Registered
415 Posts
I meant no disrespect and was only trying to help. But maybe you're right and it's time to move on to another site where I can speak with other jackasses like myself.So with that said,I wish you luck with your endeavors.Good by gentlemen!!
I thought he'd never leave. lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts