Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
312 Posts
Tks for putting that on, I’ve put a deposit on a set of ovals and cams and waiting for the dealer to reopen to get them installed. I haven’t been able to find a video of them on the 111 but did a ride on one with a 116. I had tri ovals on my Victory and was looking for similar for my Roadmaster, definitely wanted them when I saw them on the 116.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
I would guess they are somewhat similar in tone to the original Stage One mufflers they had/have for the Thunderstroke bikes. I had the fishtail version of those on that Chieftain and they sounded nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Tks for putting that on, I’ve put a deposit on a set of ovals and cams and waiting for the dealer to reopen to get them installed. I haven’t been able to find a video of them on the 111 but did a ride on one with a 116. I had tri ovals on my Victory and was looking for similar for my Roadmaster, definitely wanted them when I saw them on the 116.
Glad I could help.

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
I would guess they are somewhat similar in tone to the original Stage One mufflers they had/have for the Thunderstroke bikes. I had the fishtail version of those on that Chieftain and they sounded nice.
I was wondering if someone had compared the sound of the stage one ovals to the original stage one slip on’s. I like the looks of the original pipes that come on the bike standard and I think the oval slip on’s are the closest thing in appearance to the original stock pipes that you can find on a stage one exhaust

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Senior member / rider
732 Posts
Sounds just like my stage 1 fishtails did. I don’t care for the “pfft, pfft, pfft” sound they make, sounds like the pipe is still too choked up. For future reference it would have been nice to see them from behind the bike and hear them from 15-20 feet back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,978 Posts
Sounds just like my stage 1 fishtails did. I don’t care for the “pfft, pfft, pfft” sound they make, sounds like the pipe is still too choked up. For future reference it would have been nice to see them from behind the bike and hear them from 15-20 feet back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
So as far as you can tell the ovals sound the same as the original Stage 1 slip ons?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
312 Posts
When I test rode the 116 with them on I thought they were deeper sounding than the stage 1 I had on my chieftain but it may have been the engine and not the exhaust, definitely more than the stock on the Roadmaster

·
Founding member / Distinguished
5,094 Posts
Exhaust sound is a subjective thing. Each person has his own set of ears. I had Stage Ones on my Chieftain and liked them because I could hear them and still hear my radio. Now on the Scout which has no radio I went with the louder TAB Longs. Perhaps that was to make up for the lack of audio but I like them.

·
Rider
1,030 Posts
They do sound nice, they are not that loud though, trust me when I say a cager with the AC on, music up loud, and rolled up windows in the Summer time will most likely not hear you next to them. I am also curious what they sound like directly behind the Chieftain at 20 feet.

·
Registered
312 Posts
  1. Just got mine on today along with S2 cams, they look really great and sound considerably deeper than stock and really seem to boom when you crack the throttle, not used to throb with the cams but the tach seems steady. I didn’t really open it on the way home but taking off from a stop they were pretty impressive.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts