Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Crouch cooler, Great Product, but.....
I installed it wrong to begin with and to be honest, I liked it better. I loosen the tanks, removed the black bracket that the seat clips into and slid it under the the main wire harness. Of course it made it fit to far foward and was riding on the air filter and horn cover a little.
With it reinstalled correctly , it's a SOB to get the seat on and off ( I change seats a lot )
Would love to see it reinvented, unless there is someway it would do damage that I haven't seen.
Last positive is when it's installed my way (the wrong way) it's very easy to get the side covers off compared to now.
I own a RM if that makes a difference.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
419 Posts
I installed it wrong to begin with and to be honest, I liked it better. I loosen the tanks, removed the black bracket that the seat clips into and slid it under the the main wire harness. Of course it made it fit to far foward and was riding on the air filter and horn cover a little.
With it reinstalled correctly , it's a SOB to get the seat on and off ( I change seats a lot )
Would love to see it reinvented, unless there is someway it would do damage that I haven't seen.
Last positive is when it's installed my way (the wrong way) it's very easy to get the side covers off compared to now.
I like that "incorrect" method! Maybe cut out a little bit of the leather around the opening to make it sit back int he "correct" position?

·
Registered
459 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea. The more I look at it, the more I dislike in the "correct " location. Hate cutting and modifying a new item to make it fit but I hate the fact that it rubs the tank now.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Soak it in water and then install and it will form around everything and force your seat on and let it dry

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Don't these things make the engine run hotter? If they stop the heat from rising, it just hangs about the engine.... ?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts