Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a ‘17 Roadmaster w Indian round air cleaner/breather. It’s the black one. Most my icon sapphire and brilliant blue has chrome, however I bought black breather.
Anyone know of a round replacement cover, chrome or otherwise? Other designs, styles or decals etc ? Links, pics etc TIA
Mine in pic fyi
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Bronze member
1,687 Posts
I have a ‘17 Roadmaster w Indian round air cleaner/breather. It’s the black one. Most my icon sapphire and brilliant blue has chrome, however I bought black breather.
Anyone know of a round replacement cover, chrome or otherwise? Other designs, styles or decals etc ? Links, pics etc TIA
Mine in pic fyi View attachment 693477
Paint the engaved part around the Indian on the breather the same color of bike.

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Paint the engaved part around the Indian on the breather the same color of bike.
I might try it. I’m not the steady hand artist type. But….

Reactions: Dogbreath

·
Registered
2022 Scout Bobber Twenty
44 Posts
Like others, I agree that the black looks very tasteful on your bike. Also the blue accent on that cover would be cool, great idea @Dogbreath.

I'm sure you're already aware Indian offers the same cover in chrome. Powdercoating isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be... might be worth looking into.

You'll find a lot of variety in styles if you shop around for a Primary Cover or Derby Cover... shouldn't be too hard to adapt one to fit this application if you're handy.

·
Registered
952 Posts
I like the powdercoat idea. Try and match it to your bright blue color. That would be really cool. At least just the cover exterior piece. I'd think about leaving the piece closest to the motor black, so it kind of hides itself in the shadow maybe? But you already kind of got that black and blue theme with your little leather tank cover and the crotch cooler. Then try some white outline on the cover where it is currently white. I can't tell if it's like a stamped raised cover or what, but if it's smooth and you powder coat it you could find a stick on Indian logo either written or the Indian head. I just had some steel wind deflectors powder coated and they look great. Color was pretty close to my bike's color too without having to dive in to all the custom color stuff and having it cost more. But a bright blue powder coat sounds nice, show us pics when you're done!

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Like others, I agree that the black looks very tasteful on your bike. Also the blue accent on that cover would be cool, great idea @Dogbreath.

I'm sure you're already aware Indian offers the same cover in chrome. Powdercoating isn't nearly as expensive as it used to be... might be worth looking into.

You'll find a lot of variety in styles if you shop around for a Primary Cover or Derby Cover... shouldn't be too hard to adapt one to fit this application if you're handy.
This is what I’m now leaning to after getting the trunk back on. Just two small circles, outer dark blue, inner inside the chrome circle light blue to match.

Reactions: Steve H

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 · (Edited)
Tr
Trunk back on.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Fuel tank

Attachments

·
Registered
157 Posts
Looks like you have a Captain Itch heat shield.
You might also consider a round, black leather cover for the air cleaner, perhaps even using the same blue to add custom artwork or highlights that match your heat shields.
Isabel is really friendly and creative and would probably love to help you create a custom leather piece.
You could adhere that to the existing cover with black silicone.
Just a thought.

Reactions: KevIndian

·
Registered
157 Posts
Personally, I am not too fond of multiple brand labels on the same patch of a car or bike. Indian, Indian, Indian seems a little tacky. To each his own, but maybe something like this would work with the leather.

Tire Wheel Vehicle Plant Land vehicle

·
Registered
157 Posts
Photo had a problem but I managed to fix it. You can disregard this (Can we not delete a post here?)

Reactions: KevIndian

·
Bronze member
1,959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Looks like you have a Captain Itch heat shield.
You might also consider a round, black leather cover for the air cleaner, perhaps even using the same blue to add custom artwork or highlights that match your heat shields.
Isabel is really friendly and creative and would probably love to help you create a custom leather piece.
You could adhere that to the existing cover with black silicone.
Just a thought.
They are great people. Used them a few times and spoke with her a time or two.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts