Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian Springfield Dark Horse
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if anyone could help me out. So after 4 years with my Springfield, I am finally giving in to buying a windshield for my long-distance rides.

I have 16” semi-ape hanger bars, I am 6’2” and trying to decide between a 14” or 16” windshield.

On the Indian website, they say that the 16” doesn’t fit for my year (2019) but it does for the 2018 models of all Springfields. I then asked my dealer which said it will fit. I do have passing lights with flasher just below, so I don't see how it will get in the way. If I look on the site again, 14” (flare) will fit.

My conflict is not the price, cause it’s the same. Will those 2 extra inches make a difference for my height sitting on the bike? And will 14” windshield look silly on 16” bars?

Now that it is off season I can no longer measure or test until spring.

Does anyone here have the same set up and could tell me their experience?

·
Registered
2021 Indian Challenger base titanium
23 Posts
I had to buy spacers and longer bolts to fit the 14" windshield to my 21 Springfield darkhorse so the bracket wasn't bent and the cross beam would work good luck

·
Registered
2021 Roadmaster DH
27 Posts
I went with the Freedom Shield 14" curved windshield on my '18 Springfield. 14" was like running a 16" with the curve. Loved it.

·
Registered
706 Posts
Freedom shield here too and recommend it

·
Vendor / bronze
3,032 Posts
I can help. Indian made some inconsistent changes in 2019. I have finally figured out a way to deal with this. I sell a measuring kit. Once you send me the information I can semi custom make a frame for you. I have pre-made different parts and I can put together the correct frame for you. Not cheap but it is the only solution out there. Also I sell and highly recommend the Freedomshield.
LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/2019-2022-custom-shields.html

1 - 7 of 7 Posts