Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
41 - 57 of 57 Posts

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
926 Posts
I love the Indian brand so much, that we now own four. A 2017 Willow green and ivory RM, a 2018 Willow green and ivory Scout, a 2018 Pearl white and silver RM that’s been triked, and a 2019 Willow green and ivory Vintage.
When we stop somewhere to fuel up it’s not uncommon to attract attention and many positive comments.
Another reason I bought an Indian is because everyone else has a Harley. I’m not everyone else.
I wave at ALL bikers regardless of brand, yet the ones that won’t return the wave are usually Harley riders.
I’ve been confronted about the fact it’s not a “real” Indian. That Indian has gone belly up many times. That I’m riding a “snowmobile.” Blah, blah, blah………I’ve heard it all, and I don’t care. I love my Indians.
My only complaint with the new models is all the blacked out shit. I’m old. I like my chrome. The chrome is what sets them apart. Makes them pop. Blacked out Indians are boring to me. If that’s what you like, then great. But, I don’t care for it myself.
Remember HD was owned by a bowling ball company for a while tell them. At least polars' built things with engines.

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
2016 Chief DH Stage II
808 Posts
boy, some of you guys need to worry less about the witty remarks and focus on your riding.

Reactions: IMARIDER

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I rode a Honda before I got my RM. I got a 2005 Honda VTX 1300 Retro model. With the big fenders. Cuz I never thought I'd have an Indian. But that Honda did 55,000 me miles from May 2012 - May 2020. Then I finally traded it towards my RM, and haven't looked back. Not really a fair comparison. But that VTX handled great at slow speeds and kept up with the new 6 speed Harleys I caught up to coming up out of Kamloops BC. He couldn't believe it was just a Honda 1300. But I know this Indian would do the same, and still impresses me every day! Best decision I ever made to get it!

·
Silver member
3,859 Posts
We still get more positive comments on our Indians and Triumphs than we ever did on out Harleys. Harleys are dead common around here an therefore do not stand apart enough to warrant attention. I’ll ride an associate with people riding any brand if I like the person. I don’t put down any brand and I won’t stand around and listen to any one trash my rides.

·
Rider
2019 Scout and Chieftain Classic both in Willow Green and Cream
926 Posts
We still get more positive comments on our Indians and Triumphs than we ever did on out Harleys. Harleys are dead common around here an therefore do not stand apart enough to warrant attention. I’ll ride an associate with people riding any brand if I like the person. I don’t put down any brand and I won’t stand around and listen to any one trash my rides.
probably because way too many HD's are black in color. And most of the Indian owners that get the most attention are the bright art deco colors and with the train engine couling.

·
Silver member
3,859 Posts
probably because way too many HD's are black in color. And most of the Indian owners that get the most attention are the bright art deco colors and with the train engine couling.
The classic Indians with the valences fenders and train fairing get the most positive comments. The newer fairings and bags with the smaller fenders are not as different and i don’t prefer them.

Reactions: msklein

·
Registered
3,023 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
Indians. LOTS of Indians
4,057 Posts

·
Registered
216 Posts
My buddy from work and I went for a ride on a Saturday. I told him I wanted to head up to Green Bay (we're by O'Hare airport) to grab a cheeseburger from Kroll's (across the street from Lambeau field). We didn't even make it to Milwaukee, and we HAD to stop for him to stretch out cramps/numbness. So, we're in HD country - just south of Milwaukee - and people walking past start complimenting me on my Roadmaster. My buddy's like, "nice Harley too, right?". The replies were, "Oh, yeah, but this Indian ...". Last Saturday he texted me, and my wife said she didn't have anything planned, and I could go "play" for a few hours (it turned into 5). We were stopped at a stoplight (the street was 55 MPH), and I kind of goaded him into "getting on it" (he has cams and who knows what else done to his Street Gilde, plus before he parked it for winter, he had it dyno-tuned - no more back-fire - yeah). So, I let him get the hit, then proceeded to rip past him, and every gear change resulted in more area between us. At the next light he was a little bug eyed, and I said, "the big girl CAN move". He started in about how GOOD my bike sounded (from behind) - it's bone-stock except for the air cleaner (which I had done to get the upgraded tune).

41 - 57 of 57 Posts