Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what are your thoughts?? I could prolly get the windshield tinted either dark or smoke for about 40 bucks versus replacing it. Is the aftermarket windshield that much better in wind protection. If it’s just for looks would this be better. Money isn’t the big factor here. I’m just thinking out the box. What do you all think?

·
Registered
221 Posts
A few moths ago I was thinkin the same thing but I had a slightly different approach. I’m looking into photochromatic tint film or transition. It would be great if the windshield is darker during the day but lighter shade at night or whenever I have to raise it for rain or bugs. It’s a little pricy tho. Issue I’m having is all the retailers I've found which sell it are out of stock. Just have to keep on it. I’ll post some picks whenever I get my hands on some.

·
Bronze member
2,148 Posts
I've used a product called VHT Nightshades on plastic brake lights and the windshield of my KLR. If you apply it properly and coat it with clear coat, it will last a very long time

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze Member
1,545 Posts
if man made it , for sure some other man can either screw it up or do it better.
One of my favorite quotes: Nowadays, they try to build things that are idiot-proof. Unfortunately, they just keep building better Idiots.

·
Registered
3,405 Posts
I don’t look through the windscreen on my Chieftain DH. I’m just tall enough to see above it. I don’t believe I’d tint mine though. I’ve seen too many crappy tint jobs on cars and don’t want that look on my bike.

Bubba

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
I have the tinted Klockworks, it's great during the day, especially summer, but I hate it once the sun sets. Though I ride very little at night, & look over the windshield, when an object comes up fast on the freeway, I feel it is much more ideal to have nothing hindering your line of view.
It was free when I swapped for the stock, & on the darkhorse, it does flow better, aesthetics wise.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Bronze member
2,820 Posts
Have you given any thought to vinyl wrap?,you can order any color,easy to install,and if you dont like it down the road,or change of color,peel it off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts