Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It took hours before I could wipe the smile off my face. Yesterday, at Indian of Latrobe I rode the Roadmaster and was totally impressed. After some discussion with the Indian Rep, some changes have been made for the good. Like the tan leather has been replaced with a different hide and as of yesterday looks like new. These were the same bikes used at Sturgis. They've been in the rain, and sun since, on every weekend. The rep was told by corp. not to condition the leather at all. Lets see what happens? Looks like new...
The ride was nothing short of awesome. Currently, I ride a 2011 tour glide. The wife and I have put 50,000 miles on her, so trying out this bike was comparing apples to apples, (I thought). Much to my supprise, it wasn't. Starting out very slow, she handled better than mine. It seems to be very well balanced. As we got moving, I noticed how easy it goes thru the gears, No clunking. Wind protection was superb. Only issue I found, as we were traveling down the highway, with the lowers opened, I felt a tremendous amount of heat whirling around my thy area. As I found out, as you close the lowers the heat is not being trapped and is blown thru the bike. No more heat!!!
I did get the chance to stand on the throttle and I will tell you, 95 mph was very easy to get to by 5th gear. So this will do way over 100 (ton) easily. The fit and finish is very nice and personally this bike is well worth the money spent.
So, with that being said, I'll be getting mine in the spring and I can't wait! :eek::eek: :eek:
Ride On!

·
Registered
958 Posts
Much as I like the Roadmaster, I simply can't swing it, that and retirement 6 months away. I have a Chieftain now that is decked out, so I will be happy with that.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Wish you well on your Roadmaster .. Hope I get to test one on Demo days in Mid November ..

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's whats nice about the Roadmaster. The trunk has a quick disconnect and you can make it a Chieftain, with a heated seat and grips...

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hey Chas,

Did I read that right when you said the heat from the motor went away when you closed the lowers? I would have thought the opposite would have been the case.

Beeker.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah Beeker!
I't works opposite of what it should. When the vents on the lowers are opened, me and another guy could feel the heat at our thys beginning to burn. When you close the vents, then does the heat seem to disappear and go thru the bike. I though he was nuts! But, much to my supprise, it worked. So, when you take that demo, on a warm day with the vents opened, if your feeling alot of heat, just close the vents. The dealer said, because the lowers design, it seems that they create a low behind them and the air just swirls in and around the thy area. By closing, it blows by???? Check for yourselves, Hell, maybe I'm nuts!!!

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hey Grits! I have to agree, there's nothing sweeter than Black and Chrome then to put a tan leather on it. It's a beautiful ride... That's a great pic too....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts