Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Seems like a bank called Commerce bank based out of kansas city charges 4.95 for every payment made online IF YOU DONT HAVE A CHECKING OR SAVINGS ACCT W THEM.When you go to open an account with them to save this 5.00 per payment fee, their online system will swallow all of your information and tell you at the end, when u go to make a deposit to set up the acct, this feature not available or system down. Commerce Bank is financing Indian motorcycles. If you decide to finance an Indian and the dealer wants to use Commerce Bank, save yourself over 300 bucks in non disclosed payment processing fees and use another lender. Been trying for 2 days to set up a simple checking acct and it wont go through/ finish or complete. No probs on my end, they just suck,bs excuse of system is getting upgraded, WTF? they think were all that stupid? long wait times on phone, no response, just a lame useless money flipping joint. I dont even think crooks would use em cause they suck that bad...Enjoy!

Update, got a call from one of their reps offering a one time N/C fee for pmt, I raised hell w him as to why this fee isnt disclosed as part of the loan process, crickets, was advised i could snail mail or give them access to my acct for ach pmts, told em no youre not getting access to my acct, not after u suck down all of my personal info and, offer zero in return. I dont want to use snail mail,Was advised that because I dont live in an area they service ( yes really) I cant open an acct w them online.( but they can finance bikes anywhere)... If it walks like a duck........ unbelievable.
performance finance and freedom road beat this fng operation hands down at the least. Whats the old saying if you like something tell your friends, If your pissed tell everyone? Over n Out

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I had some serious problems with Commerce bank KCMO... they did their best to charge me over $3,200 for retro-active insurance. (supposed coverage for only a few months of supposed lapse). Seems my insurance company did not comply with the documentation that Commerce required. Squashed that problem because I could prove that I had valid insurance that complied with our contract, but not without some serious arguments with their personnel. Very crooked business in my book! Retroactive insurance must be illegal - a money for nothing scheme.

·
Registered
281 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Problem solved. USAA, ill pay slightly more to put up with less fng BS..........

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
My '17 was setup through Commerce. Right away they started in with the "we never got your proof of insurance" game which took me 6 months to fix. As a bank I thought they sucked, I refinanced through Fort Campbell Credit Union. They are no prize but their rates are low as to them there is no difference between a motorcycle and a car but they have some minor annoyances I just tolerate.

I like TD Banknorth and Navy Fed.

·
Bronze member
2,788 Posts
Thank you for the info.
Is there any way to ensure that a current loan is not sold off to Commerce?

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Got mine financed thru Performance. so far so good. making 2nd payment today
Loans like this are seldom sold off like mortgages but when it does happen, it's normally for the better. It usually means the former bank is about to go belly up.

My first Indian, I financed through Polaris and that didn't go badly, I did feel the interest was a little higher than I felt necessary for my rating. Right now, I have a loan with a low rate through a local credit union but the only catch I don't care for is that I can't pay ahead and the finance charges shocked me a bit. They do handle issues quickly and the bullshit meter doesn't stay pegged which was the primary reason I got away from Commerce as fast as I could. Commerce had a good rate but at the same time there is a reason I don't buy tires at Wal-Mart even if they are cheaper.

·
Registered
1,096 Posts
Both my Indian dealer, and my Triumph dealer use Commerce. Both times, I was asked to bring in proof of insurance before I rode the bikes out the door.
I did that, (State Farm), and they sent in the proof while processing the loan and received notification of receipt, no problems. Commerce has never accused me of not having insurance.

I always use snail mail to pay my bills, since I had a relative get hacked when paying bills online. I don't put the bills in my mailbox when sending them, I actually stop at the post office and put them in the bin myself. I don't need some kid or thief coming along and emptying my mailbox before my carrier gets there.

So far, in all these years, no real problems, I have the cancelled check, the number of the check, can print it out from my online bank account that I only use for rectifying my checking accounts, and no problems when I have all the info on paper.
I have had no problems with Commerce. They were cheaper than my local credit union that I've used to finance cars. They said they could not touch the rates Commerce offered.

And a quick statement on online billing and paying bills online in general.
Remember the "paperless office" concept?
You might wonder why, when paperless became all the vogue in the early 90's, did IBM go out and buy a paper plant in the East...They knew.

Paper is safer than paperless, plain and simple. A trail is needed when your money moves, and electronic is too weak, IMHO. I do, however, use debit cards, but always keep my receipts until it clears my bank and my accounts, usually no more than a few hours to a day or so.

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Both my Indian dealer, and my Triumph dealer use Commerce. Both times, I was asked to bring in proof of insurance before I rode the bikes out the door.
I did that, (State Farm), and they sent in the proof while processing the loan and received notification of receipt, no problems. Commerce has never accused me of not having insurance.

I always use snail mail to pay my bills, since I had a relative get hacked when paying bills online. I don't put the bills in my mailbox when sending them, I actually stop at the post office and put them in the bin myself. I don't need some kid or thief coming along and emptying my mailbox before my carrier gets there.

So far, in all these years, no real problems, I have the cancelled check, the number of the check, can print it out from my online bank account that I only use for rectifying my checking accounts, and no problems when I have all the info on paper.
I have had no problems with Commerce. They were cheaper than my local credit union that I've used to finance cars. They said they could not touch the rates Commerce offered.

And a quick statement on online billing and paying bills online in general.
Remember the "paperless office" concept?
You might wonder why, when paperless became all the vogue in the early 90's, did IBM go out and buy a paper plant in the East...They knew.

Paper is safer than paperless, plain and simple. A trail is needed when your money moves, and electronic is too weak, IMHO. I do, however, use debit cards, but always keep my receipts until it clears my bank and my accounts, usually no more than a few hours to a day or so.
Individual experience may vary. It took me 6 months to "prove" I had insurance because they didn't "receive it" until I sent it certified. I just wasn't willing to go through that every year. It took them yet another 3 months to send me verification the account was paid in full and closed. It seems whoever was handling my name in the alphabet split was asleep at the helm.

·
Registered
5,920 Posts
I have a current loan with Performance (Polaris) Finance. While it was a little bit of hassle to get fully setup with them, mainly my fault because of multiple addresses in different States, once we worked out the payment kinks everything seems fine and they are friendly and helpful. I hate it when the attitude turns negative... and we pay them a lot for simply juggling paperwork and taking only minimal risk.

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Performance is great, no %.

Reactions: Dustbuster

·
Registered
289 Posts
Or just get your own preapproved financing before you go to the dealer. You dont know exact price, but you have a pretty good idea +/- $3k.

Every dealer makes money from the bank they finance with, when I sold cars, the dealer was legally allowed to add 2 points to whatever the bank really approved you for. This may vary by state. I'm sure the same applies for motorcycle dealers.

·
Registered
469 Posts
No problems regarding insurance; however, if you wish to pay extra toward the principle you must send the payment exclusively to the "secret" address. Also, you must add to the face of the check "apply to principle only", your account number, and a neon sign! Otherwise, it will be applied to your normal payment account. Just saying, really sucks!

·
Registered
2,491 Posts
Mailed Performance credit, paid off bike.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts