Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

How many times has your dash lid clip been replaced under warranty.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am told they won’t cover my broken dash clasp because it’s a wear item. The dealer told me this.

·
Bronze member
2,163 Posts
And some people wonder why a person who works in retail for some years and then gets out, swears to never work in retail again.

WD./

·
Bronze member
1,052 Posts
Had mine replaced, 7-8 months of winter after purchase of bike - 3rd month after winter needed replacement.
I researched replacement supplier if needed, I will look for the thread

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Trust me, Polaris has way more accurate data on this than you can ever provide.
It was actually a bet to see if you would comment. I bet yes. I won five dollars.
Thank you

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I have ADHD and forgot about the 0 option. Sorry. They replaced it today. Under warranty.
The mechanic was fine but the owner is not looking happy.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
This is silly. I think people are over filling that compartment. My Galaxy S7 fit good inside. My S8 with protective cover is a very tight fit. Not a good idea to try and force the lid closed.
I still have my original clip in place. No issues.

I'm sure Polaris has bigger fish to fry. js....

·
Bronze member
2,848 Posts
The clips are a poor design and will fail over and over again. I never use that compartment except when I want to do software or map updates. My dealers service advisor tells me they keep a whole bin full of them for warranty replacement

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
This is silly. I think people are over filling that compartment. My Galaxy S7 fit good inside. My S8 with protective cover is a very tight fit. Not a good idea to try and force the lid closed.
I still have my original clip in place. No issues.

I'm sure Polaris has bigger fish to fry. js....
You are silly for commenting based on one experience. I only put my phone in there and I ordered a tiny short cable. It has broke twice. The second time I hit a bump on the road and the lid popped up. One side of the clip came off. I have bigger fish to fry, like riding my 20k plus bike and not look like a f***ing hobo with sh*t that won’t close because Polaris decided to let cousin Ricky design. Because he’s slow and had nothing to do at the time, then got into the bin of war bonnets and broke them. Now I have a shitty clip and a front fender that doesn’t look Indian at all.
Ok,rant over. They replaced it and said they will replace it as many times as it breaks for the whole warranty period.

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
You are silly for commenting based on one experience. I only put my phone in there and I ordered a tiny short cable. It has broke twice. The second time I hit a bump on the road and the lid popped up. One side of the clip came off. I have bigger fish to fry, like riding my 20k plus bike and not look like a f***ing hobo with sh*t that won’t close because Polaris decided to let cousin Ricky design. Because he’s slow and had nothing to do at the time, then got into the bin of war bonnets and broke them. Now I have a shitty clip and a front fender that doesn’t look Indian at all.
Ok,rant over. They replaced it and said they will replace it as many times as it breaks for the whole warranty period.
Touche!
I guess I shouldn't have put it that way. Sorry.

How wide is your phone? Does it have a protective cover on it? The reason I ask this is just last week, I was in a hurry and instead of putting it in the trunk, I put it in sideways in the dash compartment.

I have a Galaxy S8 Plus and a Otter Box Defender. This outterbox has a hard plastic shell with an outer skin make of rubber. So the skin has a little bit of give.

This phone would fit fine in that compartment l, but the otterbox makes it really tight. If I push hard on the lid compressing the rubber skin if the otterbox, the lid will barely shut.

Anyway, the other day when I did this, it popped open as soon as I hit a bump on the highway. I caught my phone and put it in my pocket for rest of ride.

Fortunately, I didn't break the closure on the lid like you have. Granted, it should be engineered better, but it is what it is. I just try to be gentle on it. Its good that your dealer replaces as they should, but Im sure you'd rather ride than be at the dealer for an easy repair.

PS, PLEASE add a 0 choice to your poll.

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Touche!
I guess I shouldn't have put it that way. Sorry.

How wide is your phone? Does it have a protective cover on it? The reason I ask this is just last week, I was in a hurry and instead of putting it in the trunk, I put it in sideways in the dash compartment.

I have a Galaxy S8 Plus and a Otter Box Defender. This outterbox has a hard plastic shell with an outer skin make of rubber. So the skin has a little bit of give.

This phone would fit fine in that compartment l, but the otterbox makes it really tight. If I push hard on the lid compressing the rubber skin if the otterbox, the lid will barely shut.

Anyway, the other day when I did this, it popped open as soon as I hit a bump on the highway. I caught my phone and put it in my pocket for rest of ride.

Fortunately, I didn't break the closure on the lid like you have. Granted, it should be engineered better, but it is what it is. I just try to be gentle on it. Its good that your dealer replaces as they should, but Im sure you'd rather ride than be at the dealer for an easy repair.

PS, PLEASE add a 0 choice to your poll.
I added it and my response was tongue in cheek mostly. My phone is an iPhone X with a life proof case. It's huge and fits in there fine. The first time it broke I had a long apple cable and I was stuff it all in. I bought the small cable so there would be plenty of room. At the end of the day, I'm glad they designed a shitty clip and not a shitty motor. I will purchase a spare and then when it breaks, I can truly go when it's not inconvenient to do so. That Ricky sure is annoying though. :)

·
Registered
8,005 Posts
I added it and my response was tongue in cheek mostly. My phone is an iPhone X with a life proof case. It's huge and fits in there fine. The first time it broke I had a long apple cable and I was stuff it all in. I bought the small cable so there would be plenty of room. At the end of the day, I'm glad they designed a shitty clip and not a shitty motor. I will purchase a spare and then when it breaks, I can truly go when it's not inconvenient to do so. That Ricky sure is annoying though. :)
Yeah, I don't think they let him work in many departments ever since they let him put the wrist pins on the pistons for the first 2 years creating all those clacker engines. :eek:o_O:oops:

·
Rider
743 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Yeah, I don't think they let him work in many departments ever since they let him put the wrist pins on the pistons for the first 2 years creating all those clacker engines. :eek:o_O:oops:
Probably. It’s the biggest reason I sold my 16 and bought this 18. My new bike sounds wonderful.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts