Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
Key goes in & lock turns, but cannot get the key out.
What am I missing here?

Yes, the bars are turned to the left....馃榿

Bronze member
Turn bars to the left until full lock...and then move the bars slightly to the right. See if this doesn鈥檛 allow the key to turn further and then it can be removed. On several of my last few bikes, the lock would not work if the bars were at a full left.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Turn bars to the left until full lock...and then move the bars slightly to the right. See if this doesn鈥檛 allow the key to turn further and then it can be removed. On several of my last few bikes, the lock would not work if the bars were at a full left.
Thanks @TigerGA

This is the way I tried it the first couple times. My previous bike needed the bars turned fully to the locked position before it would lock. I then slowly turned the bars back towards center. Evidently I didn't go far enough.

This time I started from center and slowly turned the bars left while turning the key. Wallah!

Bronze member
Does anyone even use that steering lock feature anymore??!!? I would have rathered that Indian ditched this feature and installed the garage door opener module from the factory on ALL of our bikes. Best feature on my bike.....other than twisting the throttle all the way!!! Just saying..........

Bronze member
Does anyone even use that steering lock feature anymore??!!? I would have rathered that Indian ditched this feature and installed the garage door opener module from the factory on ALL of our bikes. Best feature on my bike.....other than twisting the throttle all the way!!! Just saying..........
...and have IM miss out on being able to sell you a $154 garage door button? You鈥檙e never going to make it at IM headquarters with that kind of thinking...LOL.

Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
I haven't parked my bike anywhere that I'm not close and is a decent area yet but I don't trust people so I'll be using it when the time comes! :)

Bronze member
...and have IM miss out on being able to sell you a $154 garage door button? You鈥檙e never going to make it at IM headquarters with that kind of thinking...LOL.
Yeah, a part that they pay $4.79 for!!!? I hear you....I guess I would never make it in the marketing or sales Department!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts