Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2017 Indian Roadmaster with a 5 year extended warranty plus tire and wheel coverage from Spirit Motorcycle in San Jose. CA about 500 miles from my house. Called a local dealer because my tourpak led light is peeling off on the left side. They email me back that Polaris reports my warranty expired in June. My sales contract shows I paid for the warranty. Spirit is only open 5 days a week. I am very concerned. Have you ever heard of someone buying a 5 year warranty and the manufacturer not knowing about it?

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
It depends on what they sold you. The extended warranty may be through a third party vendor, not Indian Motorcycle. Or, the selling dealer dropped the ball, took your money, and never submitted the paperwork for the extended IM warranty. Time to call the selling dealer.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It better not be through a 3rd party, I paid 34k cash out the door. It would be fraud not to sell a factory extended warranty. I have the contract it just says 60 months it does not say who it is through and I paid.

·
Registered
81 Posts
If I remember correctly the extended warranty may not pay for paint, body part defects, wear, etc. 2 year standard warranty covers all items (except wear), extended portion covers mechanical, electrical, etc. Polaris should still show you have 5 year coverage, but your problem may not be covered past the 2 year standard warranty. I'd call them again and also the dealer to clarify and confirm your warranty coverage term.

·
Rider
658 Posts
To my knowledge it is not through Polaris. When they offered it to me..it was through a 3rd party group called “warranty forever”. They’ve got their own 800 line and all that jazz and a set of guidelines to follow. They warranty all sort of bikes not just the Indian. I’m sure there’s several of these groups. Could have changed..and at some point Polaris offered it...but most extended warranties are via 3rd party.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Rider
998 Posts
If I remember correctly the extended warranty may not pay for paint, body part defects, wear, etc. 2 year standard warranty covers all items (except wear), extended portion covers mechanical, electrical, etc. Polaris should still show you have 5 year coverage, but your problem may not be covered past the 2 year standard warranty. I'd call them again and also the dealer to clarify and confirm your warranty coverage term.
This

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Ride command shows warranty expired. I will wait until Tuesday and call the dealer I purchased the bike from. There is an obvious mistake.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Well I paid for it. They better make this right. I would never have spent this much for a bike with just a 2 year warranty.

·
Rider
559 Posts
ALL extended warranties are money grabs for the seller. Read the fine print, they will weasel out of paying for anything, do you think they were created for the buyer or seller?
Save your money and just pay for something when it breaks.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Lucky I got the extended warranty or I'd be up shit creek without a paddle. With all the electrical problems I have and replaced rusted fenders. Just call Indian customer service first before you bring to a dealer and explain the problems. Be adamant about the issues and having them cover it. We spent A LOT of money on these bikes and the quality issues are unacceptable...

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So here is the skippy. He said I have an RPM One Warranty Diamond plan with no deductible. He says it is better than the Indian Plan. He said if I wanted to get out of it he could probably get me into an Indian Plan but he has worked with them for 5 years, and has had no problems with them. I am skeptical because of some of the reviews I read about them, but then again there were lot's of guys with no problems. Should I keep the RPM One Diamond Plan or convert it to an Indian Plan. He told me on the Indian they charge a 50 deductible for extended warranty work.

·
Registered
303 Posts
I would switch it. Third party warranties not endorsed directly by the manufacturer usually are terrible.

·
Rider
796 Posts
My extended warranty is drive train only with tires and roadside assistance.

Reactions: Moto_Max

·
Bronze member
4,113 Posts
So here is the skippy. He said I have an RPM One Warranty Diamond plan with no deductible. He says it is better than the Indian Plan. He said if I wanted to get out of it he could probably get me into an Indian Plan but he has worked with them for 5 years, and has had no problems with them. I am skeptical because of some of the reviews I read about them, but then again there were lot's of guys with no problems. Should I keep the RPM One Diamond Plan or convert it to an Indian Plan. He told me on the Indian they charge a 50 deductible for extended warranty work.

Here is the "Fine Print" for the Indian plan

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
I’d keep it. However, I’d keep this in mind...when buying anything ask yourself if the sales staff is making this recommendation because it’s best for me, or best for them? I’d speculate this dealer pushes this third party warranty over the IM version because they make more money.

·
Bronze member
1,765 Posts
Even when buying cars, you must ask for the factory extended warranty option, as they will most likely sell you aftermarket. Who knows if that company will even be in business years from now, plus they don't care if you are pissed at Honda and never buy another as they sell contracts to every brand.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts