Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Indian Chief Vintage Icon (Black/Yellow)
141 Posts
It happens - enjoy the people connection! I had an odd work week up near DC. I rode from Charlotte, NC and stayed in Manassas, VA. I took the bike. Nothing new to contribute. I can affirm that truckers and cars will pass and give a thumbs up or quick honk. Extended stays at gas stations are planned. I very rarely got to the parking lot at work for my car - but the bike......I made four trips for Show & Tell! :love: I don't mind it one bit. I have a close co-worker and I may have pushed him over the edge to finally get his MSF/MC endorsement. I enjoy people, so this is a natural extension of my personality.
Wheel Tire Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Motorcycle

·
Registered
67 Posts
I hardly go out without someone complimenting me. On my first ride with my friend who has a Harley, we stopped at an estate sale. I was getting compliments before I could get my helmet off! On other rides, we stop to get water etc.. and I get compliments about half the time. I almost feel sorry for my friend on his Harley, almost…

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
1,113 Posts
When I used to live up in Tennessee I used to ride with 2 good friends. One had a 2000 Chief like mine, different color, and the other one rode a Road King. One day after getting off the Trace up in Franklin TN we were stopped at a gas station, ready for the trip back to Memphis. The 3 of us were swarmed, everyone was looking at our 2 Indians when my friend on the Harley said "What am I sitting on? A piece of Shivt?" I just told him you'll be all right, you're just in withdrawl.

Reactions: mcantin

·
Registered
134 Posts
80s was a great time! Even though the Eagles didn't put out any music.
Yup great music, but being Gen-X and in Vegas at the turn of the millennium, my fav was the late '90s and the early '00s... swing revival was one of the coolest scenes I'd ever been a part of. It was like old Vegas came out to play for a few years. People just don't dress up like the used to, nor do they dance as well. Miss lindy-hop, the neo-swing sound, and the classic rides! The economy was in full 'swing', and man, just good times. Consider myself extremely luck to play with some of these cats, and dance with some of the kittens that were around... miss it somethin' fierce!

·
Registered
120 Posts
Hi all! So after buying my first Indian motorcycle, I’ve noticed that almost everywhere I stop, while out for a ride, people make it a point to talk to me. It might just be a passing compliment or a full blown conversation. I’ve never encountered anything like it, but I suspect that it’s because I rarely see other Indians amongst the sea of Harley’s. I was just curious if this happens to everyone as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Happens every single day. I can guarantee every gas stop will take a half an hour. Everybody loves my girl Willow and my dog picture taken many times every day

·
Registered
120 Posts
Funny...

As someone who just ordered an Indian, the main reason behind my decision to join the tribe was because I really do think that Indians are much more aesthetically pleasing... in other words, much sexier bikes! My father owned a Harley, my friends own Harleys etc. Now I'll admit, I can't afford a vintage, if I could I would, and I'd get that light teal/green with the cream color. There's just something about Indian whereby they've been able to capture the true "vintage" look and made it jaw dropping, something about their design aesthetics make these bikes a rolling piece of artwork. For some reason Harley's designs don't do it for me...
Happens every single day. I can guarantee every gas stop will take a half an hour. Everybody loves my girl Willow and my dog picture taken many times every day
Tire Wheel Vehicle Helmet Fuel tank

·
Registered
Scout Bobber 20, 2021, Vintage Dark Horse 2021.
49 Posts
It has become a bit of a friendly competition with me and a mate of mine as to who gets the most likes when we are out for a run. I have my Scout or Vintage DH and she has her 500 Street Harley with a custom paint job. So far she is the winner:confused: Wheel Tire Plant Fuel tank Automotive lighting

·
Registered
91 Posts
Oh, Yes! It happens all the time. Women occasionally, even older women. Mostly guys, though, want to talk. Many times they had a brother or an uncle who owned an old Indian back in the day. Very, very few of the talkers have ever owned an Indian themselves. But they always have plenty of compliments about the bike. Mine is a 2020 Chieftain, titanium smoke, all decked out with mostly Indian accessories.

41 - 52 of 52 Posts