Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
444 Posts
Even here in Colorado, where you can’t swing a cat without hitting a Harley, I get this all the time: men & women, young & old, motorcycle folks & dedicated cagers… I love it, because I meet so many interesting people! (I even got a couple dates with one great guy, but he was way too young for me)

·
Registered
193 Posts
Happens all the time. :cool:

I like to park where I can see my bike when I'm not on it (bars, etc) and I can't count the amount of times I see people walking down the row of 'glides and then stop when they get to my chally to check it out.

If I happen to be near the bike people almost always stop to chat me up about it.

Irks my Harley buddies but they don't say anything... much

·
Registered
445 Posts
Yep common story, especially in England where Indians are even more unusual
I get women who seem to love the shiny chrome on my springfield
Little old men who remember Indians from their youth
Or people who's only reference is the movie world's fastest indian!!

I don't mind, nice that people are interested in bikes and I do get to chat to women!!

Sent from my G8141 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Even here in Colorado, where you can’t swing a cat without hitting a Harley, I get this all the time: men & women, young & old, motorcycle folks & dedicated cagers… I love it, because I meet so many interesting people! (I even got a couple dates with one great guy, but he was way too young for me)
I’ve gotta disagree. I’m a “former” young guy myself. If he’s old enough to grow armpit hair, he’s not too young for you. Especially if you’ve already gone out with him. But if you’re attracting guys who you think are too young then keep playing the field.
You go girl!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
516 Posts
Just yesterday someone behind me speeding through traffic from light to light finally pulled along side of me and started waving to get my attention. I was thinking maybe he was going to complain about the exhaust on my Scout Bobber being too loud or something. Nope. Just gave me a thumbs up and “I love your Indian”! I said thanks, so do I.

·
Premium Member
241 Posts
I haven't noticed it to be an Indian thing. I've had strangers admire, comment and ask questions on just about every bike I've ever owned. Only bike that I know of that I've owned that nobody asked about or cared about was my blue Huffy #56 with a banana seat. :)

• Haha
Reactions: WillyH and mcantin

·
Registered
158 Posts
Hi all! So after buying my first Indian motorcycle, I’ve noticed that almost everywhere I stop, while out for a ride, people make it a point to talk to me. It might just be a passing compliment or a full blown conversation. I’ve never encountered anything like it, but I suspect that it’s because I rarely see other Indians amongst the sea of Harley’s. I was just curious if this happens to everyone as well?

Yes, I get a lot of complements and comments about my 2019 Indian Chief Vintage too, My favorite is from the people who are up in age in their 70s, 80's & even 90's who tell me they had an Indian motorcycle back in the 1930s, 40s & 50s and tell me stories of their adventures riding back in their younger days, I enjoy hearing about their personal history of yesteryear. 🐺

·
Registered
134 Posts
Hey there... I'm just over the mountains from you; Utah. You're cute! ;)

If you're looking for a future ex, that was a previous musician (sax/bass), used to teach dance (swing, salsa, tango), and is now hopelessly trying to get in shape to compete with all the young kids in body building... say hello! Yes I'm not ashamed of anything, even of posting advances on a motorcycle forum. Old enough to know better, too young to care!

·
Registered
2018 Indian Motorcycle Scout Bobber Star Silver Smoke
444 Posts
I’ve gotta disagree. I’m a “former” young guy myself. If he’s old enough to grow armpit hair, he’s not too young for you. Especially if you’ve already gone out with him. But if you’re attracting guys who you think are too young then keep playing the field.
You go girl!

Well, I was born before (but not long before!) a man first walked on the moon. He was born after space shuttle launches became commonplace. I just have a tough time relating to anyone who doesn’t remember the ‘80s😜

·
Registered
516 Posts
Well, I was born before (but not long before!) a man first walked on the moon. He was born after space shuttle launches became commonplace. I just have a tough time relating to anyone who doesn’t remember the ‘80s
Yeah, I get it. You have to draw the line somewhere. Pick a decade and stick to it.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Well, I was born before (but not long before!) a man first walked on the moon. He was born after space shuttle launches became commonplace. I just have a tough time relating to anyone who doesn’t remember the ‘80s😜
Bi-centennial baby here... and Brian Setzer is my hero (Rockabilly FTW) Old enough to have an original Stray Cats T wink

·
Silver member
5,800 Posts
Bi-centennial baby here... and Brian Setzer is my hero (Rockabilly FTW) Old enough to have an original Stray Cats T wink
Couple of my favorites... Stray Cats along with George Thorogood & The Delaware Destroyers for me. Well, that and purdy girls:)

·
Registered
2017 Chieftain Limited, 2022 Chief Bobber Dark Horse
335 Posts
Both my 2017 Limited, and 2022 Chief Bobber DH gets favorable comments and compliments. I've had people start conversations, telling me stories about their experiences with the brand after recognizing the Indian script on any of the swag that I wear,

·
Registered
16 Posts
80s was a great time! Even though the Eagles didn't put out any music.

·
Registered
457 Posts
Get used to it.... When I stop at the drug store to pick up my old man meds on my green & cream Vintage, I've had a hand full of older folks come up to me and chat. A few have even commented on what a great restoration I've done to my old Indian. They're surprised when I tell them it's a 2015... then the conversation really starts LOL. Had plenty of thumbs up at red lights and the like. Also had some thumbs up from a few younger fella's on their rice rockets. All part of the curse of having the coolest and prettiest bike in the hood:cool:
People think mine is old and restored too🤭
Wheel Land vehicle Tire Fuel tank Vehicle

21 - 40 of 52 Posts