Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! So after buying my first Indian motorcycle, I’ve noticed that almost everywhere I stop, while out for a ride, people make it a point to talk to me. It might just be a passing compliment or a full blown conversation. I’ve never encountered anything like it, but I suspect that it’s because I rarely see other Indians amongst the sea of Harley’s. I was just curious if this happens to everyone as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
428 Posts
Hi all! So after buying my first Indian motorcycle, I’ve noticed that almost everywhere I stop, while out for a ride, people make it a point to talk to me. It might just be a passing compliment or a full blown conversation. I’ve never encountered anything like it, but I suspect that it’s because I rarely see other Indians amongst the sea of Harley’s. I was just curious if this happens to everyone as well?

I get that quite a bit. Especially from women. Which is ok with me.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I ride cross country.. Every now and then I'll get a 4 wheeler honk @ me with thumbs up. Or @ the gas pump kids and parents ask questions. But yet have I got a thumbs up while in my office (bathroom). Hopefully never too!!

Reactions: TerryD

·
Premium Member
311 Posts
Probably half of my rides include a conversation with a stranger. Yesterday an older man followed me out of a restaurant to see " who the Indian rider was". He said his dad almost bought an Indian dealership right after WWII. Started a roofing company instead.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I bet at least 75% of the time I’ll have people chat me up as I’m either getting on or off the bike. I do get a fair amount of women and dads who I’m pretty sure the wifey has said “no motorcycles” to them. I’ll talk to just about anyone, I even felt like I was holding court with 3 random people in a Lowes parking lot.

·
Registered
2021 Challenger Limited, Ruby Red Metallic
318 Posts
Been a HD rider for 35 years until I bought my Challenger last NOV. Occasionally got someone to say "nice bike" over the years. With the Challenger, people want to talk about it. No one ever says, "well yeah, but it's not a Harley" comment. Everyone has a Chevy or a Ford. Not everyone has a Ferrari.

·
Registered
819 Posts
Oh, yeah! Two weeks ago I was riding home from Eureka Springs, AR, on Sunday. Yeah, it was ALL DAY on Sunday but the weather was great. I was riding mostly two lanes and going through a number of small towns in several different states. I can't tell you how many cagers gave a little honk of their horn and when I looked their way I was getting "Thumbs up" signs from all of them. Couple of times next to someone at a stop light my Ruby Metallic Challenger would spark "Love your bike" types of remarks. Many more comments than I get around here in Louisville. Ain't it great !!!

·
Registered
2022 FTR S
16 Posts
So far, my FTR has gotten some nods and questions. My Husqvarna Svartpilen 401 gets a ton of attention but that's because it's kind of a quirky cool looking.

In general, Indian bikes have a nice finish and style to them that separates them enough from Harley's.

·
Founding member
2014 Red Chief Classic
1,113 Posts
I've been riding Indians since 2001 (2000 Gilroy Chief), then my 2014 Indian Classic. Believe me it never ends, sometimes the compliments even become a nuisance when you're gassing up and trying to be on your way. However, you must learn that you must perserver for the good of the Tribe.

P.S. If anyone thinks these new Indians get compliments you should have experienced riding the Gilroy's, now that was something else.

·
Silver member
5,800 Posts
Get used to it.... When I stop at the drug store to pick up my old man meds on my green & cream Vintage, I've had a hand full of older folks come up to me and chat. A few have even commented on what a great restoration I've done to my old Indian. They're surprised when I tell them it's a 2015... then the conversation really starts LOL. Had plenty of thumbs up at red lights and the like. Also had some thumbs up from a few younger fella's on their rice rockets. All part of the curse of having the coolest and prettiest bike in the hood:cool:

·
Registered
Roadmaster Darkhorse
117 Posts
This past Sunday afternoon I stopped in a convenience store/gas station to fill up with over priced non ethanol premium and grab a couple of bottle of water for me. (Near 100 degrees). Just before my pulling in a small group six or so of Harley bikes pulled in. (Some patched club I've never heard of before.) As I was tending to my stuff, that number easily doubled. I received several complements on my Indian from non bike folks in the gas pumps. A few more inside the store. Every single one was spoken loud enough that those HD riders could hear all the while they were pretty much ignored. When I left, they were having their little cigarette smoking circle jerk. I couldn't help but spank the throttle and let the Rinehart exhaust shine a bit. No Harley sounds that sweet. None.....

·
Silver member
5,800 Posts
This past Sunday afternoon I stopped in a convince store/gas station to fill up with over priced non ethanol premium and grab a couple of bottle of water for me. (Near 100 degrees). Just before my pulling in a small group six or so of Harley bikes pulled in. (Some patched club I've never heard of before.) As I was tending to my stuff, that number easily doubled. I received several complements on my Indian from non bike folks in the gas pumps. A few more inside the store. Every single one was spoken loud enough that those HD riders could hear all the while they were pretty much ignored. When I left, they were having their little cigarette smoking circle jerk. I couldn't help but spank the throttle and let the Rinehart exhaust shine a bit. No Harley sounds that sweet. None.....
Mebe yew just haven't met the right Harley yet ;)

Reactions: BigBadAllis

·
Registered
186 Posts
All the time! Even covert photo taking! Some ask if I mind if they took a photo of the bike....

Reactions: Flat Tire Fred

·
Registered
134 Posts
Funny...

As someone who just ordered an Indian, the main reason behind my decision to join the tribe was because I really do think that Indians are much more aesthetically pleasing... in other words, much sexier bikes! My father owned a Harley, my friends own Harleys etc. Now I'll admit, I can't afford a vintage, if I could I would, and I'd get that light teal/green with the cream color. There's just something about Indian whereby they've been able to capture the true "vintage" look and made it jaw dropping, something about their design aesthetics make these bikes a rolling piece of artwork. For some reason Harley's designs don't do it for me...

1 - 20 of 52 Posts