Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hold up a minute, I don't want to pass out, let me sit down. I was at work, my phone rang(unregistered number), it was my dealer. The mechanic said, your back rest just arrived. I said OK, cool. I won't be able to come up until Friday, you won't sell it to somebody else will you? I told him I was just joke'n. Going to get it Friday:D. Over 2 months since I got the roadmaster. Oh well glad it's in, been too cold & nasty to ride anyway. Hope everybody gets theirs.

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
My short rides have not made the backrest a priority yet. Bought the back rest mount on E-Bay and installed. So I will buy my back rest on E-Bay next month.
Enjoy

·
Registered
419 Posts
It took about 2 months for my passenger backrest and luggage rake to come in. Got the bike in June and those items showed up right after Sturgis, sure could have used them for the trip.
I thought that maybe the backlog on these accessories were starting to catch up, maybe not.

·
Early joiner
190 Posts
Wow! First I have heard anyone getting one. Here's hoping I get a call. Last I was told was Jan 21st.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Indian customer service called me in response to social media post ( FB ) on my long missing back rest, to tell me 3-4 more weeks to wait.

·
Registered
166 Posts
3-4 more weeks for us who ordered our with our bike back in Aug-Oct. So 7 months for us to wait for our backrest, but think of those guys who walk into a dealership next month, buy their bike and backrest at the same time, and drive away a happy customer. Thank you Polaris for @#$$ing us who bought ours first.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,503 Posts
My backrest came in today as well. I will go pick it up at lunch tomorrow!

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Man I feel for you guys that have had this on order longer than I have. Some of you have good enough weather you could use it now, hope you guys get your dang ordered accessories real soon.

·
4,070 Posts
had a chance to use my new backrest yesterday. when I installed the backrest into the seat I had to push it all the down to the seat to get to lock in place, so there is no way to raise the height. I would like it to be higher up on my back.

·
Registered
166 Posts
For you guys getting your back rests, are you verifying that they are the "desert tan" version or the "distressed tan" <-- old version. ?

·
2,354 Posts
For you guys getting your back rests, are you verifying that they are the "desert tan" version or the "distressed tan" <-- old version. ?
Actually, there is a THIRD version of leather called "Heritage". That's the stuff they switched to towards the end of the 2014 model year. That's what is in many dealer shops now instead of "distressed".

·
Registered
221 Posts
Picked mine up Jan. 22. Ordered in October, so 3 months wait. Still waiting on my hard lowers though. I figure that will be 6 months at least since they are having all that trouble with the paint now.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
For sure desert tan for me, I had a distressed loaner, and the new one looks nothing like it.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The box says desert tan, the description tag says distressed tan. When mounted on the bike with led garage lighting it looks exactly like the seat. I guess I would have to see both of them side by side to know which one I do have. Part # on the box is 2879542-06. Hmm...

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I should of looked closer, The description tag that was on the backrest says part # 2879542-04- which is different than the box, it matches the seat but still, it really doesn't tell me which one I have, it appears on the Indian web site the desert tan is a shade darker than the distressed. I guess when the snow clears & the sunshine finally visits me I will be able to clearly see whether it's a 100% match.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts