Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

21 - 40 of 69 Posts

Registered
Bought my first bike in 30 years in july 2019. A new 2018 Indian roadmaster. There has been several times when I get concerned about how I will be received by other harley riders. So far everytime, they typically just give me a thumbs up and a big smile. Typically I ride with buddies that own HDs. Nearly every time we are out together random strangers approach me and complement my Indian. I never see anyone doing that for the HDs. Unless it is a super tricked out custom. 馃榿

Registered
My mates all ride HD and so does my wife and son, my daughter is also about to start cutting her teeth on a 48. It is good fun stirring the pot with snide remarks and jovial criticisms, all in good fun. Occasionally some people at our local watering hole get jealous that I am on a different bike but that is their problem, one of the reasons I got on a Indian bagger is because HD have not changed enough and to be different. At the end of the day we are still riding stylish American machinery that feel great, look great, sound great and unfortunately for HD our rides are reliable. I still love Harleys and Triumphs and Norton's. So have a grin and feel the sun on your face with the wind in our hair without a care in the world. RIDE ON 馃槑

Founding Member / Distinguished
I ruined a Indian riders evening when he wanted to race me. Lol I鈥檓 in Kansas City cruising the highways looking for Indians

PS I can鈥檛 wait to get a hold of my next one ! Anyone else n the Kansas City Area look me up !
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Registered
I ruined a Indian riders evening when he wanted to race me. Lol I鈥檓 in Kansas City cruising the highways looking for Indians

PS I can鈥檛 wait to get a hold of my next one ! Anyone else n the Kansas City Area look me up !
So what are you riding?

Registered
I have found that when I wonder up in a lone Harley rider, they are generally Friendly and like to chat about the bikes, and ask questions about my Chieftain Darkhorse, we talk and wish each other well and go our separate ways. BUT, when I run up on a group of HD riders, that鈥檚 when I get the sneers and the 鈥渨hy didn鈥檛 you buy a Harley?鈥 That鈥檚 the point where I generally smile and show them the ass end of the CDH.
Just tell them you prefer an American made motorcycle. ;-)

Registered
I love messing with Harley guys but only in good fun. Best line I still use is when they tell me that I ride a snow mobile and I tell them it鈥檚 sad when a snow mobile company make a better bike.
H-D also made travel trailers(Holiday Rambler). I guess that was so they鈥檇 have a place to stay while their bike was getting towed and repaired

Premium Member
I own both Indian and Harley. This is always a good debate for those that can debate it in good clean fun over drinks. It's easy to say there are a lot of arrogance in Harley riders on an Indian forum and you can bet the complete opposite is going on in a HD forum.
The bottom line.... It's an argument you can never win and a debate that will never end as all arrogance exist in both sides. And no matter how much either side may talk about the other... we always throw that ever so friendly peace sign to each other as we cross each other on the road.

Registered
I have found that when I wonder up in a lone Harley rider, they are generally Friendly and like to chat about the bikes, and ask questions about my Chieftain Darkhorse, we talk and wish each other well and go our separate ways. BUT, when I run up on a group of HD riders, that鈥檚 when I get the sneers and the 鈥渨hy didn鈥檛 you buy a Harley?鈥 That鈥檚 the point where I generally smile and show them the ass end of the CDH.
Ohhh ya when your 1 on 1 a harley rider will talk and talk. But get more than 1 and its game over

Registered
I love messing with Harley guys but only in good fun. Best line I still use is when they tell me that I ride a snow mobile and I tell them it鈥檚 sad when a snow mobile company make a better bike.
you can't ride a bowling ball either

Reactions: IMARIDER and HINK

Registered
I've owned a lot of makes and models, I feel the "pack mentality" works with every brand.
Get more than one together and folks get a little braver, more vocal and feel they need to say something. It's why I ride alone or just with one good friend. Never understood knocking someone else's ride, as we all probably started on a Japanese enduro, Honda Nighthawk, Shadow, Vulcan etc. I have a few older Harleys and no Indian yet, just because you can buy a lot of used Harley for $5-6k. I can't even stand some Harley riders and I've owned Harley's for 27 years. I've been at a stop sign and 3-4 will pull up behind me or beside me, revving constantly...it's annoying. Are they trying to impress me?
Intimidate me? I'll ask them if something is wrong with their bike that it won't idle? 馃槀 I was side to side outside a bar with my wife and I on our '97 Electra Glide and a couple with a brand new street glide, 2 into 1 with the left side "dummy pipe" and matching leather vests with matching "street glide" patches. They didn't even acknowledge us, fired up their bike, revved it up 6-7 times and sped off. I didn't even have time to ask them why they spent all that money on a second exhaust pipe that doesn't even work? LOL I guess my old carbureted Harley dresser wasn't cool enough for them. The arrogance around some Harley folks is real and unfortunate for everyone, I don't get it. I just avoid them and the "packs". One on one, most riders are cool. I compliment every rider I see, especially Indian, cause I have a lot of respect for what's coming out of Spirit Lake IA. Those of you who took the plunge on the early Polaris Indians have my respect, kudos to anyone who has an Indian and "went their own way". I hope more of this continues as competition is good for all of us. As soon as the Powerplus lands in the Chieftain, I'll be thinning my older Harley collection down to one new Indian. Anyone who has even basic knowledge around bikes knows that Indian is kicking butt right now and is the touring bike to beat, even if other folks won't accept it.

Registered
When I see a pack of leathered out doo rag Harley riders, this is the image I get in my head... LOL

(I was offered a cool 80's Evo chopper for a couple G's, may take him up on it.) I actually like the bikes, just not the wannabees.

Have you raced a Challenger yet?
No not yet I鈥檓 looking for one lol. Rear wheel numbers of HP and torque I鈥檝e got better numbers but not by much. I have 112 HP and 121 lbft torque. Cycle World has a Challenger Dyno numbers at 103.11 HP and 113.08 Lb-Ft of torque.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Founding member

I look forward to the day... I'll be in the Leavenworth area on Tuesday... All in good fun of course, but I certainly would love to give you a run and see how it shakes out.

I look forward to the day... I'll be in the Leavenworth area on Tuesday... All in good fun of course, but I certainly would love to give you a run and see how it shakes out.
That鈥檚 cool it is all in good fun ! I have classes on Tuesday in the afternoon but we could meet up for lunch. BTW What mods do you have on your Indian ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

21 - 40 of 69 Posts