Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 130 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I sent an E-mail to my dealer this morning and told him I lost faith in Polaris and would he please return my $1000.00 deposit and cancel my order submitted on August 4th 2014 (7) months of waiting and only the potential of receiving my motorcycle in the 2nd quarter of 2015 was no longer worth the wait.

I told him it was not a reflection of his customer service and or his team and that even if not for now I would consider him for future business. My check is in the mail he was very professional and understanding.

Best regards to all of you.

exoterikos "Greek for inner peace"

·
Registered
792 Posts
Sorry to hear that. You would think it should be easier than that, to spend your hard earned money. Best of luck, whatever you decide on.

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I know it wasn't an easy decision exoterikos, I understand and wish you well. Unless you have another bike in the wings, you certainly don't want to miss any part of the riding season...which in GA has to starting anytime now.

·
Bronze member
1,498 Posts
Man, that sucks. But I fully understand your rationale. Maybe ask your dealer to give you a call and another shot at buying it once it does come in. Who knows, maybe before you have an opportunity to buy a different bike, your Scout will come in. Hope you stay on the forum in any event.

·
Registered
230 Posts
I sent an E-mail to my dealer this morning and told him I lost faith in Polaris and would he please return my $1000.00 deposit and cancel my order submitted on August 4th 2014 (7) months of waiting and only the potential of receiving my motorcycle in the 2nd quarter of 2015 was no longer worth the wait.

I told him it was not a reflection of his customer service and or his team and that even if not for now I would consider him for future business. My check is in the mail he was very professional and understanding.

Hey brother there is a red scout for sale with 304 miles on it ,Daniel perry of Indian in Melborne Florida has it .hope this is of use mate ,thanks Darren guy

·
Registered
430 Posts
Bummer, sorry to hear it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
WOW waited all that time gave up a 5 year warranty and you have a good month before great riding temperature in your area. Until this problem is solved or the company tells us whats up I'm hanging in there.

I have never seen anything like this motorcycle and it would take some major problem that Polaris couldn't solve to push me away.

Best of luck

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
Sorry to see you bail, hope you work something else out. According to the latest from Polaris, looks like we might only be looking at another 3-4 weeks. I've waited this long, and in truth they are only 33 days late from their promised delivery for all first runs by Dec. 31. In the grand scheme of things, that's not that big a deal for me. Safe riding!

·
Registered
672 Posts
Sorry to see you bail, hope you work something else out. According to the latest from Polaris, looks like we might only be looking at another 3-4 weeks. I've waited this long, and in truth they are only 33 days late from their promised delivery for all first runs by Dec. 31. In the grand scheme of things, that's not that big a deal for me. Safe riding!
Every time I see your avatar I dodge that beam, gota give it to you 33 days aint bad, just been frustrating with no contact.

·
Registered
656 Posts

Sorry you won't be getting a Scout right now but understand. Each of us have to do what is best for us. Please don't feel like you have to leave the forum - We let Alan still lurk!! Best of luck on your new ride adventures.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Can understand your feelings .. Wish you well whatever you decide on .. Are other good choices out there .. If I had waited this long would probably be on a Victory Gunner or HD Dyna .. But for those that are waiting can pass along with Over 2300 Miles on it Now is One Sweet Ride that Love Having with No Regrets even with the Paint Issue and a couple other minor flaws found after getting it ..

·
Registered
222 Posts
I think it is slightly unfair, I have mine here and I can't ride it because of the snow for at least three months...

Some people have been waiting several months (I waited only few days)...

I could have waited a lot longer, so anyone who's living in a warmer place than I, could have got my Scouter and been enjoying the ride...

My apologies...

·
Premium Member
3,571 Posts
Hey brother there is a red scout for sale with 304 miles on it ,Daniel perry of Indian in Melborne Florida has it .hope this is of use mate ,thanks Darren guy
I told my dealer in Colorado what I wanted and the price. Good people, but unable to give me best price. I got Vintage thousands under the MSRP, with extras in AZ.
I respect your decision, but when you get your deposit back open up that computer and find that Scout somewhere else. Hell I would have went to the far ends of the earth to get my bike, even Georgia!

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Exoterikos i totally understand your reasoning ! I also would be a little impatient if delivery dates come and go with no horse in the stable! It is unfortunate that you were that close . We all have made decisions that may or may not be proud of, however we live with the choices. I wish you all the best and ride safe!

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
I'm giving up on mine. I called the dealer the other day. I am a man of many passions. I hhave many other things to take the place. I'm sure it is a fine machine and is a blast to ride. I have no doubts that I would like it. I just have many things to get my attention. There will be more Scouts.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
I'm giving up on mine. I called the dealer the other day. I am a man of many passions. I hhave many other things to take the place. I'm sure it is a fine machine and is a blast to ride. I have no doubts that I would like it. I just have many things to get my attention. There will be more Scouts.
Say it ain't so Builder!

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
I'm not sure I read that right...you're tossing in the towel? Sorry see that, but understand...

1 - 20 of 130 Posts