1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Rider
2019 Indian Chieftain DH In Black Smoke
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Guys
Concerning my 19 Chieftain DH the text is disabled for my new IPhone
I realize you cant type msg while rolling and dont wish to but with my prior android I had I was able to see 1st line and was able to send canned txt response
This feature doesnt work with Iphone and has a red x that its disabled
Has anyone seen this before and this is how it is with Iphone?

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Guys
Concerning my 19 Chieftain DH the text is disabled for my new IPhone
I realize you cant type msg while rolling and dont wish to but with my prior android I had I was able to see 1st line and was able to send canned txt response
This feature doesnt work with Iphone and has a red x that its disabled
Has anyone seen this before and this is how it is with Iphone?
Try completely repairing. My 19 rm did the same crap. Delete the bike from your phone and your phone from the bike.

·
Registered
51 Posts
Someone just address this in the Facebook group. You have to go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, click on the bike ("Indian Motorcycle"), and select "show notifications." I had been wondering for a year why I couldn't see the text messages! 🤣

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
Someone just address this in the Facebook group. You have to go to your Bluetooth settings on your iPhone, click on the bike ("Indian Motorcycle"), and select "show notifications." I had been wondering for a year why I couldn't see the text messages! 🤣
Oooo so that’s the non stupid way to do it. I did the full repair and the phone prompted me to enable notifications. Well thank ya!

Reactions: Livrocks

·
Rider
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well as I enabled notifications in Iphone and thought ok should be good but nope
We had to turn off bike and back on again and then it rediscovered BT and all is good now
Thanks for the help appreciate it now works!

·
Rider
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow Livrocks you went a whole year?
I was working on 1 dayo_O

·
Registered
51 Posts
Wow Livrocks you went a whole year?
I was working on 1 dayo_O
🤣🤣🤣 Everytime I tried I decided it wasn’t important. Didn’t want to be tempted to look at texts while on the bike! Thankfully it has those safety measures!

·
Rider
1,366 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It really wasnt that important but what bothered me was I just set it up new phone BT this morning to run Sirius xm and the prior android phone worked without dicking around with it so I was thinking because everything else worked that it was a problem Iphone had

·
Registered
51 Posts
It really wasnt that important but what bothered me was I just set it up new phone BT this morning to run Sirius xm and the prior android phone worked without dicking around with it so I was thinking because everything else worked that it was a problem Iphone had
I think that's why I bothered me too. I had a brand new bike and some thing wasn't working! 🤦‍♀️

·
Read Only
65 Posts
Thanks for the tip! Still learning all of the capabilities of this bike!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts