Votes: 9 52.9%
  • Who?

Votes: 4 23.5%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So thanks to @Alpal I now have the horn relocation bracket, but I have no idea how it installs.

What I need, a photo of the installed horn on the bike, using the relocation bracket.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think I have come in half way through a conversation.... anyway I am but a 10 second walk from my MY 16 Scout which is cooling in the garage here in England. Let me know what you want me to photograph and I I'll get right to it!

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I cast my vote for "Ginger" if your naming your red Scout!

Couldn't go for Marry Ann... but Mary Ann I might have voted for.

Now to the best of my recollection in Australia the horns have to be turned where they are facing forward to comply with AU laws.
Since the OEM position is facing to the left on the Scout....
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out which end of the bracket goes where.... there are only two ends so if one doesn't work try the other....

Running and ducking your slings and arrows! LOL!

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I cast my vote for "Ginger" if your naming your red Scout!

Couldn't go for Marry Ann... but Mary Ann I might have voted for.

Now to the best of my recollection in Australia the horns have to be turned where they are facing forward to comply with AU laws.
Since the OEM position is facing to the left on the Scout....
It shouldn't be too hard to figure out which end of the bracket goes where.... there are only two ends so if one doesn't work try the other....

Running and ducking your slings and arrows! LOL!

I tried to fix the typo but it wouldn't let me. Also had no idea the horn had to face front this might help me out.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
I tried to fix the typo but it wouldn't let me. Also had no idea the horn had to face front this might help me out.
Well, I had no idea of where you were located but I did know where Alpal was located, but I made a rare mistake...
@Alpal is in New Zealand and not in AU... (Sorry Allyn, I just wasn't thinking, but you know that's not rare for me! ;))

Same law, different country! LOL!
I hope you get it separated out @Tombsmen!
To audit your post go to the top of the page on the right side there should be a small button that will allow you to edit.

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Well, I had no idea of where you were located but I did know where Alpal was located, but I made a rare mistake...
@Alpal is in New Zealand and not in AU... (Sorry Allyn, I just wasn't thinking, but you know that's not rare for me! ;))

Same law, different country! LOL!
I hope you get it separated out @Tombsmen!
To audit your post go to the top of the page on the right side there should be a small button that will allow you to edit.
I forgive you Ronnie,...
Alpal

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Ginger,...has to be Ginger,... why? Cos I love Redheads!:p
Alpal

Reactions: RBinTEX

·
Registered
239 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
@Tombsmen if you get it sorted out, would you mind posting a pic? I was getting ready to request the very same thing before I saw this thread.
I will have a go at it Wednesday night my time and see what I can figure out.

Reactions: Alpal

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
In full disclosure, I voted and I'm not a Euro/Asia/Aussie Scout owner. And Mary Ann > Ginger. I will honorably accept whatever punishment is meted out (not for my choice but for being an illegal voter).

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Somewhere, in my dim dark past I posted pics of exactly what you are talking about. It was a leg time ago. ,..........your mission , should you choose to accept it, is to find those pics,.....:cool::p:D:eek::oops::rolleyes:o_O,.... Good luck!
Alpal

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
I'd offer some advice, but I can't be trusted....

Gentleman White-collar worker Suit Photography Businessperson

·
Senior member / gold
6,220 Posts
Fairly simple, the bracket attaches to the left hand forward controls, the front bolt from memory and the horn attaches to the bracket so it faces forward. That's about it.,.... From memory,.....
Alpal

1 - 14 of 14 Posts