Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Got the Rinehart slim today- told me it would be ready for shipping this Friday so I’m happy.
was not super impress with the directions included but got things figured out for the most part. I didn’t have much time today after work but I think I have the hard part done-bike taken apart and heads attached. Too dark to finish so after work tomorrow I can tackle the rest of the job. ( plus my new baffles should be here tomorrow).
so far the quality of the pipe is beautiful and well made.

·
Bronze member
2,257 Posts
Let me warn you that dynobutts have a major flaw - anytime the bike gets louder, dynobutts tend to register "MoPowah", if more quiet - "NoPowah".
The good thing is that regardless, you're about to enjoy an actual performance boost.

How bout puttin that sucker on a Dyno for a quick-n-cheap power run - your HP/TRQ/AFR charts would help you, and all of us. We'd get to develop an understanding of how the Slimlines affect power and fueling, you'd get a good analysis for "Ok, what should I do next"..

Reactions: Baron58

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
I broke down and bought a lloydz air cleaner and tuner. Now that I have a tuner will I still lose back pressure if I put my zombie baffles back in? Hoping the tuner will compensate???? I sure don’t love the sound of the 1.75 baffles I put in my tabs

·
Bronze member
2,257 Posts
Give the 1.75 baffles some time - They'll get louder..

I've finally made peace with usage of the term "back pressure" - I tell myself that everyone knows it's not about restricting gas flow, - it's just a "funny" term for altering the (freely flowing) gas velocity throughout the entire exhaust system (either to a higher or lower velocity). Which cannot be confused with sticking a cored potato in a exhaust pipe ( thus creating "back pressure"..)

You cannot "reverse" the loss of gas velocity (In your case, by reinstalling the Zombies) with a tune .. However, there are "items" you can install into your system that are suppose to be able to regain some of the lost TRQ - to what extent and at what cost is unknown (at least in here) , and in my experience, there is never any proof of such devices effectiveness. Perhaps, with Fuel Moto getting involved with such devices, we will have data to see.

IMO, for now, continue with the "plan", do-up the new components.. Competently use whatever tuner you've gotten.. Enjoy the biggy power a while... If Zombies are worth power loss to you (and you wouldn't be alone in this) start the plan for reinstalling them along with the best selection of those "Torque cone" devices...

Reactions: cmoalem

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
I’m not sure I didn’t make a mistake by ordering my fuel management from Lloyd’s, where I have to download tunes from DynoJet. I’m also not real sure about picking the right time since none of the tunes match my strange set up.
I am going to try the 1,75 but I know how much I’m going to miss my zombie sound. I guess I’ll be able to hear my stereo better now. Lol

·
Bronze member
2,257 Posts
If you can, jettison the Lloydz tuner for a Fuel Moto PV3 - and be "done with it" concerning tuner purchases..

If you "keep on keeping on" with performance enhancements, you'll be buying a FM PV3 sooner or later anyway..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Lloydz is a pv3 and I’m just going to have to get used to it. I sure can’t buy another one. Now to figure out how to use the thing.

·
Bronze member
2,257 Posts
Ok, maybe there is some kind of way that you can gain access to Fuel Moto tunes - if /when such access becomes absolutely necessary for your bikes' health, you can explore that..

One would think that Lloydz has a good "Stage 1" tune available for you..

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
So it finally stopped raining in ny for long enough to take a good 150 mile spin after all the mods on my Roadmaster. Now I only feel heat from the new air breather and the power is nice with the added tune. It’s not the perfect tune but it’s a good place to start.
I believe I have an exhaust leak coming from the cross under pipe but once she cools down I’ll check out the clamps.

21 - 29 of 29 Posts