Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Today was too beautiful a day not to ride. I was supposed to meet some friends and take a ride through the Missouri springtime. I went to meet them, but everyone had excuses and only 1 other rider showed. I shook my head and had to laugh.The other rider and I have ridden together many times (he has a sharp Wide Glide - lots of chrome, dark teal blue color). Anyway, great ride for about an hour. Stopped at a local beverage and food dispensary, and while we were enjoying our orange juice, a couple walked by the bikes. They walked around mine, taking pictures, my buddy nudging me saying " You got a nibble". Sure enough, the couple came in and asked whose Indian. Small conversation about my bike; nothing about his. I just had to laugh. We left to go up the street to Leatherman's (great accessory store for bikers). Parked in front with dozen other bikes (Mostly U2s) and he went in for patch. I sat out front and counted 6 people making comments about the Indian, nothing on the others, and I had to laugh.He came out and sat for few more minutes. Another few people went by and more questions. This time, my buddy answered the Indian questions. And I had to laugh. Later, after I left to come home ( had to try - 6500rpm, 3rd gear 85-90), I just smiled. Back in town, 2 blocks from home, stopped at local beverage house, and got more questions when another rider came. Said he parked next to my bike because it made his bike look better. And I just had to laugh.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
So, he said he parked next to you so HIS bike would look better, was he trying to say your's looked worst then his? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It happened as I was leaving the last place, another buddy came in. He has a Dark Horse, so there were 2 Indians and an other parked outside.
As my day was ending, full of smiles, I was out on the front porch. The neighbor from across the street staggered over (definitely inebriated) mumbling something, sat on the steps, still mumbling for several minutes, then got up and staggered back to his house, still mumbling. And I had to laugh.

·
Registered
1,775 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So, he said he parked next to you so HIS bike would look better, was he trying to say your's looked worst then his? :rolleyes:
Let's see if I understand his logic. One OK bike parked isn't usually noticed. One nice bike parked usually is noticed. 2 bikes parked together might get noticed. 2 bikes parked together, one nice and one OK, they will both get noticed ( maybe comparisons). OK bike would get noticed next to the nice bike. Thus a noticed bike is a nice bike, even it is just OK. So his bike would look better next to mine.

·
Senior Member / gold
6,659 Posts
Let's see if I understand his logic. One OK bike parked isn't usually noticed. One nice bike parked usually is noticed. 2 bikes parked together might get noticed. 2 bikes parked together, one nice and one OK, they will both get noticed ( maybe comparisons). OK bike would get noticed next to the nice bike. Thus a noticed bike is a nice bike, even it is just OK. So his bike would look better next to mine.
I think that’s what your neighbor was trying to tell you.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
So, that's your story and you're sticking to it. :p

·
Rider
886 Posts
When I make a run to a favorite hangout about 50 miles from home, I usually have the only Indian on the lot. I get lots of looks, questions and photos taken of my ‘17 SF.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts