Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Jus bought a 2015 Chieftain and was getting familiar with the menu items and I accidentally erased the TPMS. It will not refind the wheel sensors now. From what I understand I will have to take it to the dealer so they can reset with a Bluetooth device. How much is that going to cost me? Why on earth didn’t Indian idiot proof the TPMS menu options....

·
Rider
623 Posts
It works fine, just need someone to watch the display on the bike when you do it. Remember the sensor is 180 from the filler stem.
Mark it with some tape to make it easier to find.

·
Rider
381 Posts
Some of the Indian line recently {last year of so} had a software change/upgrade where the TPMS control has been moved to the right toggle. You might want to try it and see if it magically reappears. I love the change as it is much easier to access the front/rear wheel displays and the third click just takes you back to whatever screen you were on before right-clicking. Good luck.

:cool:

·
Registered
158 Posts
Jus bought a 2015 Chieftain and was getting familiar with the menu items and I accidentally erased the TPMS. It will not refind the wheel sensors now. From what I understand I will have to take it to the dealer so they can reset with a Bluetooth device. How much is that going to cost me? Why on earth didn’t Indian idiot proof the TPMS menu options....
How on Earth did you do that? I´m tired of my TPMS failing on me (the fact is that I simply ignore when the "low air pressure light" lights up eventually) and I really want to disable that thing, and haven´t found out how to do so.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its easy on my year model. On the menu go to TPMS - it gives you 2 options 1) Connect TPMS (or something to that effect)
2) Erase TPMS. I had selected Erase TPMS and thought I was hitting the exit toggle but I hit the execute toggle and darn it - it was completely erased
and now I have no tire pressure's on my screen. I intend to use the GM TPMS Bluetooth this weekend to get it working...

1 - 14 of 14 Posts