Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Getting a PV3 for my 2015 Vintage. I have watched a few videos on the subject of flashing the ECU. There is a step that takes a pretty long time(9 minutes +).

I know that on the Chieftain/Roadmasters/Challengers you have a shutdown override.

How do I make sure My vintage doesnt shutdown in the middle of the process of reading or writing to the ECU??

·
Silver member
5,027 Posts
Just make sure you have your battery on the tender while you do the reflash work.

·
Rider
979 Posts
I don't know about others but make sure you have your key fob with you as well. I recently used my PV-3 to read the ECU for the STK file and the fob was on the bench not next to the bike. The bike shut down even though the PV-3 was connected. Once I had the fob right next to the bike the PV-3 read the STK file and the bike never shut down. Reading the ECU takes up to 15 minutes. Loading a new tune from Fuel Moto took maybe a couple of minutes. Reading the ECU takes longer. Good Luck. You will be happy you did it.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for all the responses....it has really put my mind ar ease. Nothing would be worse than Bricking an ECU and having to pay to get another one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts