Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Rider
2017 Springfield
1,001 Posts
I have a 2017 Springfield in Indian Red. I love my bike and have had no problems with her. I would definitely buy it again if I had to do it all over.

Reactions: marco polo

·
Silver member
5,305 Posts
Yep, I'd buy another one in a heartbeat. Mine is also a 17 and a little over 30K with no real issues.

The original shock had a hydraulic leak and was replaced under warranty. Other than that I have had no issues what so ever...

·
Registered
128 Posts
I have a 17 Springfield, just had the 30k service done. So far no trouble or issues worth noting. Just making upgrades a little at a time. Upgraded to Barnett clutch cable, Ultimate seat, Rinehart slip-ons,round stage 1 A/C and de-catted.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
766 Posts
17 SF here too.

Only issue to date was a dead battery caused by some sort of parasitic draw, which was a known issue on some 17/18 TS111s. The issue was recognised by Polaris, so under warranty they replaced the battery and re-flashed the ECU to get rid of the draw - zero problems since.

Have done loads of small "enhancements", given she is a very needy lady, but she is the girl of my dreams . . . so what can you do!!

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 2016 Springfield with the Stage II Cams, Intake, Exhaust with a CraigB tune. Interesting that this is the day that I read this post since I just left the local Indian dealer where I test rode a left over 2019 Indian Roadmaster 111 that they were offering a reasonable discount on to move out as old stock. Long story short after the test ride I told the sales rep money considerations aside I would not trade him even for the bike. You sit further forward and higher on the bike which is makes it feel less stable/comfortable on the highway at speed. You sit much more on the bike vs in the bike with less leg room. I also experienced the plastic faring/windshield shaking,rocking, and creaking when I went over rough broken pavement. My Springfield's old school windshield is rock solid with no shakes, creaks, or rattles whatsoever so to me a big difference since creaks and rattles drive me nuts. As a side note even my stock seat was more comfortable by a fair amount.

The Roadmaster did have some pluses, the wind protection from the full fairing was slightly better than my after market windshield but not markedly so.... Also I don't have all the electronics, gauges, and gadgets the Roadmaster offers but I can deal with that since I am not real interested in most of those extras... I would like having the top trunk but I can add one to my Springfield if needed...

SO at least for me compared to a 2019 Roadmaster I quite a bit prefer my 2016 Springfield with the Stage II upgrades..... I suspect that would go for the Chieftan as well....

·
Registered
272 Posts
I have a 2017 Springfield and I love it!
Zero problems after 10K miles.

I did demo a new Challenger in Sturgis and Holy Freaking Fizz what a bike!

·
Registered
198 Posts
I absolutely love my Springfield and can’t see myself buying any other bagger unless they put the PP engine in a non-fixed fairing cruiser.... Yes I would buy it again....

·
Silver member
5,305 Posts
I already posted. I might consider trading mine in if they make the Springfield full skirted fender next year and put in the 116 motor. That's it. Otherwise, I will keep my 17 till I ride the wheels off it..

Reactions: irvin.boston

·
Registered
17 Posts
Related to the Stock 116.. According to my dealer the 111 Stage II with an aftermarket tune is about equal to the Stock 2020 116 in performance. The 116 BBK for the 111 with a tune takes it up another notch. Only the opinion of a guy who works at the dealership but he has ridden all 3 flavors so should have a reasonable basis for his opinion... After my test ride yesterday my 2016 111 Stage II with the CraigB tune is quite a bit more engaging to ride that the stock 111 in "Sport" mode.... I rode my bike to the dealership so I was able to ride them back-to-back....

·
Registered
56 Posts
I have a 2016 Springfield, bought brand new and would buy it again, still love the bike. the Look and the perfect riding agility for such a warhorse is amazing! Have still the US mapping, but already an aftermarket exhaust (Jekyll & Hyde). I will upgrade the cams, but unfortunately I should also change the springs for that. Like the models from 2019 have already more robust springs on board stock. I was contacting LIoydz already, they recommended that to me. I probably will go with the 558 cams and a new mapping afterwards. Yes, I also felt in love with the new Challenger, but if I really wanted something like that, I should have not traded in my former one year old BMW K 1600 GT and Honda Valkyrie F6c for my Springfield in 2016! (Springfield cost in Germany 27.000 €)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts