Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since there is so little to complain about with my Chieftain, I figured the Scout will be the same way. I do have a small complaint though. I don't like digital tachometers. I want a real one.

·
Founding member
1,522 Posts
Since there is so little to complain about with my Chieftain, I figured the Scout will be the same way. I do have a small complaint though. I don't like digital tachometers. I want a real one.
I know what you mean. It's hard to see and makes you take your eyes of the road. Also with the low vibrations from the liquid cooled engine it will be hard to feel when to shift to higher gears. It is so smooth and quiet it will be easy to over rev in lower gears. I will get use to it but a real tach is so much better.

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would think Polaris who made tachometer kits for their Victory Vegas, Kingpin, Hammer etc. would make one available for the Scout. It shouldn't be any kind of big deal to do this.
Don't start to make sense reinie. :mad:We have to have something to complain about.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
Right now the only thing I can think of to complain about is that it isn't here yet. I'm saving up other complaints until I actually have it. I think complaint #2 will be that I can't ride it due to the weather. I'm sure I'll think of something else later.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Early winter is right. The guy in Buffalo, NY that ordered a Scout was complaining that the delivery truck said they can't find his house so he was going to meet them at the curb:

I guess I'll hold off on the weather complaints.

Reactions: harry

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Early winter is right. The guy in Buffalo, NY that ordered a Scout was complaining that the delivery truck said they can't find his house so he was going to meet them at the curb:

I guess I'll hold off on the weather complaints.
I think I'd get the snow off the garage roof too.
\

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Early winter is right. The guy in Buffalo, NY that ordered a Scout was complaining that the delivery truck said they can't find his house so he was going to meet them at the curb. I guess I'll hold off on the weather complaints.
Guess I made the right decision to retire with a move from NE Ohio to Tennessee! I don't miss shoveling all that snow! You guys be careful in the snowbelt!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Rode my Vintage thru 115 degree heat in the lower Blue Mountains, west of Sydney Australia today. My hands felt like they were burning just from the airflow.

We've been getting shots of snow banked up in some parts of the USA on the TV news,,, hard to believe we're all on the same planet!

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Rode my Vintage thru 115 degree heat in the lower Blue Mountains, west of Sydney Australia today. My hands felt like they were burning just from the airflow.

We've been getting shots of snow banked up in some parts of the USA on the TV news,,, hard to believe we're all on the same planet!
Man, that is some hot riding lol
We don't get any of that white stuff here in central Florida lol

·
Registered
355 Posts
One thing I noticed on the Scout is that except for stopping you don't really need a clutch. The bike shifts just fine up and down the gears without a clutch...pretty amazing!

·
Registered
1,200 Posts
I remember one time, on my old KZ440, I broke the clutch cable while riding home in rush hour traffic. My choices were: park and thumb a ride, get a trailer, spend a few hours dicking around or ride it like it was. I rode it like it was - killing the bike at traffic lights, using the starter in 2nd gear to get rolling again, dry shifting up and down. Got to the dealer - about 5 miles - replaced the clutch cable and rode on.

I think I've dry shifted through the gears on every bike I've owned at one time or another.

Reactions: harry

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Guess I made the right decision to retire with a move from NE Ohio to Tennessee! I don't miss shoveling all that snow! You guys be careful in the snowbelt!
You be careful Driving in TN if it snows as well.. Went through Knoxville on I-75 during a Freak Snowstorm and have Felt Safer Driving in a Demolition Derby .. :)

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
You be careful Driving in TN if it snows as well.. Went through Knoxville on I-75 during a Freak Snowstorm and have Felt Safer Driving in a Demolition Derby .. :)
Thanks for the safety tip, Jay. In Tennessee, you can expect those Freak Snowstorms to occur a bit more often from Cookeville (where the mountain plateau begins) and points East to the Dragon than the rest of the state. I'm guessing those new Night Dragon's helped you stay up?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts