Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 671 Posts

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So that we can alleviate a lot of the discussion that is occurring in the "I have my Scout" thread, I am starting this thread.

I just got an email from my dealer stating that he just got my Grey Scout. He should be uncrating it in the next few. Pretty excited!

It was awesome how he did it too! He sent an email titled, "Guess what?!?" and a body that stated, "Are you sitting down." Then he told me in the second email that the crate had just arrived. I think the dealers are just as excited to be getting the new bikes as (well almost) we are.

·
Registered
430 Posts
I got a call today. Dealer told me that he didn't get the red in, but they have a gloss black and a smoke black if I wanted one of those instead. Nice of them to let me know even though I didn't want either one of those colors.

If you know someone in San Diego that wants one of those colors contact http://indianmotorcycleelcajon.com/

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
When you hear "There's 12 on the list". Oh, and you're not on this list.
Ouch!

·
Registered
163 Posts
Team Mancuso Powersports 59
10430 Southwest Freeway Houston TX 77074

My contact is Jeff Jordan. I think he just got 2 (well, 1 now) grey Scouts.
Mine was ordered at Gulf. Hopefully im not too far down the list there. They had 12 pre-orders, but didnt say where I was in order.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Dumb, da, dumb, da dumb, dumb, dumb... Still waiting... :(

·
Registered
9 Posts
Got "the call" yesterday from Duane @ Hernley's, Elizabethtown, PA. My red Scout is in transit from the factory due at the dealership this Friday or Saturday. Next call is "Come and get it" or more accurately, "Bring your checkbook".
Mid-30sF forecasted for the end of this week so I'll pass on riding the half hour from the dealership to home, even on a new Scout. Bless them, they'll deliver.

Reactions: INJUNlvr

·
Registered
4 Posts
The more I think about this (and I have had PLENTY of time to think about it...:mad:) the more I come to think that I would not be nearly as frustrated/irritated if only the company was communicating a little better. They did a great job on the hype end -- chummed the waters with their introduction tour, stirred the piranhas into a feeding frenzy, then steamed off over the horizon leaving us all eyeing each other like a bunch of cannibals in a nudist colony. What they have been less good at is continuing to feed the need they created. Now that you got us, Polaris, throw us a bone once in a while. If they came out with a blanket announcement that they had twice as many orders as anticipated, and suppliers were gearing up to meet the demand so please be patient, well, I can accept that. At least it's something more than crickets.

The people I really feel for in this situation are the dealers. They are stuck between the rabid mob out here, and the non-communicating corporation they have to deal with on the other side. When there is nothing but silence on the line, the dealer is the one who has to placate the guy threatening to take his money and go elsewhere. I know, he bought into this and that's part of the deal, but I feel for him none the less. (Did I really just admit to having compassion for a dealership? even generically? Ye gods! Scout fever has indeed taken my brain. Doctor! Quick! A double whiskey and soda on the rocks -- hold the soda and rocks!)
Well said, JohnW. Just a little more communication by Polaris would have made this entire process so much less frustrating.

·
Founding member / Distinguished
6,027 Posts
NickJ, how about 'I haven't got the call yet' thread? I think we'd then have all forum readers accounted for.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Well said, JohnW. Just a little more communication by Polaris would have made this entire process so much less frustrating.
I agree being patient is one thing but I put my downpayment in early August and then see people who ordered theirs a full month after get their bikes already is frustrating........ congrats to them but I ordered as soon as I could to get a jump on things.....

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
A t 5:30 today I signed the papers and gave them the check. It's mine!

Damned dealer tapped me $1,079.00 for shipping and setup fees!

Then found out that the Scout is NOT eligible for the $1,000.00 discount for being a veteran.

I did manage to squeak by and get the advertised 5 year warranty with the bike.

I was the very first owner of a Scout in the entire Permian Basin in Texas.
They only received two bikes today!

It was red and the seat is MUCH smaller than it looks like in the pictures.
But it was still pretty comfortable!
Even for a Fat Boy like me! LOL!

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
A t 5:30 today I signed the papers and gave them the check. It's mine!
But it was still pretty comfortable!
Even for a Fat Boy like me! LOL!
Congrats. Enjoy the ride and throw some pictures out

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
82 Posts
Finally got "the call" today, and a VIN number... going to the dealer tomorrow!

Will probably leave it there until April since it's sleeting outside right now and roads are covered with salt. Uggh.

Good news... confirmed its just $11,299 plus tax. No junk fees.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Good news... confirmed its just $11,299 plus tax. No junk fees.
Heh, Heh! Yeah, that's what I mistakenly thought too!
$11,299.00 for Red bike NO TRADE IN
$1,029.00 Freight and setup fees
(This is determined by Indian USA for all dealers) (I mistakenly posted $1079.00 in an earlier post, sorry!)

$14.50 State Inspection sticker your state may vary
$84.10 for License and/or transfer fees your state may vary
$770.50 State and local taxes 6.25% in Texas your state may vary
$22.51 Dealer inventory tax
$125.00 Document fees
$13,844.61 Sub-total
Minus my $500.00 deposit
$12,844.61 Amount of check I wrote
Now if you financed, please add the finance charges and don't forget the required full coverage insurance for a financed vehicle!

Send me a post when you get home and tell me what you really paid for your bike! <Very Big Grin>

By the way if you think you will get $1,000.00 off the scout price for being in the armed service think again.... It won't happen! It is only for the Chief and the Roadmaster.

But you WILL get $500.00 off your accessories! o_O

·
Registered
98 Posts
Got my call and VIN, Saturday is the day 120miles away....No accessories. Crashbars Jan 2nd, Windshield indefinitely...Commemorative pack will be mailed from Headquarters ?? Said that they had a secret special gift...hope its' a jersey and not something else!

Reactions: Roll On

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I got I guess what you'd call a pre-call. Duane at Hernley's called to say he's got a batch coming next week, and hopes mine will be in the next batch the week after. Expects mine to arrive after Christmas.

Tells me he sold a couple dozen pre-orders, but then he has also sold plenty more who missed the pre-order cut-off. This is certainly a boon to the dealers, who can get pretty darn slow in Winter.

1 - 20 of 671 Posts